Sending money from australia

I am selling my house and shifting to Angeles City .I want to know how to send my pension every month .  Should I arrange  direct debit from  my bank account  or  do I get a good rate by sending it direct to a bank account . I live in Australia My wife is a Filipino and will have a bank account.

Hi,

Not sure whether this is still relevent but i find Transferwise really helps.

https://transferwise.com/

Although this is a British site so you may struggle with Australian currency, I'm sure there may be other sites where you can make a quick transfer each month with minimal fees. Don't use banks.

Cheers,

Dan  :)

Hi drkicks, I am Australian too from Melbourne, I am not to sure what others do with sending money to Philippines, my way is trough Bank, i transfer it my self one time per month to Wife's Account in Philippines, Bank fee is $20 no matter how much you send, I found it to work well the rates are good too, no cheating there.
By the way I am close to Angeles in Concepcion

GDay mate
If you can try and open a Citi bank account have your pension placed in that account
You then can take it out as needed from any ATM in Philippines with no ATM charges from Citi bank but you cop a peso fee from the local bank ATM.
Enjoy your time keep safe mate

Austin, sorry I am not on pension yet, but will keep that in mined for next 10 year or so,
but I was thinking of getting Bank Account here for my self.

Take a look at www.orbitremit.com

Hi kiwi how are you? i am in Philippines too at concepcion, Angeles is my shopping City
this Money transfer have you been using them and for how long? and is it safe to use?

regards
Sam

Hi Sam
I only live in Angeles six months, then I return to NZ to work for six months.  Currently in NZ.  I have the best of both worlds.  I use www.orbitremit.com. Check them out, their exchange rates are good and each transfer is only for you Aussies $4.  After 10 transfers you get one free.  How it works, you got to their website, set up a transfer, either cash pick up or to a Phil bank account.  Then using your online banking you transfer what they tell you to into their bank account.  Cash pick up usually completed in 48 to 72 hours, to a Phil bank account often only 24 hours, max 48 hours.
Send me a PM as to your details in Concepcion, when I get back we could hook up.  I have a girl who lives in Concepcion I am really fond of.  Who says Kiwis and Aussies don't get on, unless we are playing Rugby against each other we get on fine LOL.  Love to have a beer with you at some stage.  Cheers Muzz.

Hey for sending money from Australia to the Philippines I usually use OKLink. They give mid market rate and their fee is reasonable. You can check on oklink.com.

u can have the option of picking the cash up or bank transfer.

They also serve a whole bunch of countries if you are interested.

Hi Sorry IU did not see your message for some times, any way the topic was about sending money here from Australia, at the moment bank back there is charging me $20 oer transfer, but when I receive here I get up to 3500 php less than what bank tells me I should get, normally use to take 2 to 4 days to be deposited, but now it is 7+ days to be released to me,  my wife called them but got run around to all different departments and at the end of it all no one knows for sure why and how things work in the bank, I need and I must do something about this bullcrap, any way I am here at the moment, but coming July going back to OZZ, not sure where you are right now, but if you here beer sounds nice.

Hi samangeleski,
At the moment I transfer from my bank to a money changer then call them. They charge $10 plus about half a peso off exchange rate. ie. today's rate of 40.9 becomes 40.4. They send to BPI overnight, others 2days.
Centrelink told me they could send pension directly to my BPI account with competitive exchange rates.
No one can tell me what that rate is and I'm afraid if I apply to have Centrelink send directly to my account and their rate is not good enough that it will be very hard to make them stop.
I need to contact someone who has Centrelink payments made directly to their Philippines account so I can make the comparison with up to date information straight from the horses mouth.

Hi silver nice meeting you here, where from in OZZ are you from?
in fact the bank dropped chargers to $10 per transfer it is good, and the exchange rate they give today was 37.9, and you got 40.9 that is great, but you say BPI so tell me do they charge you as well ??

G'day Sam.
I used to live Perth but now I'm near Cebu
The woman I speak to gives me the amount that will be transferred. For example$1000 = php40400. That amount is in my BPI account before lunch next day

You mean BPI is charging you nothing at all ??

If any foreign bank transfers local currency into pesos and deposits to a Philippine bank, there is a charge.   If the charge does not appear on your statement as a separate item, it is built into the exchange rate the bank is giving you. 
Banks do not exist  to exchange currency and transfer funds overseas for nothing !   
What little I know about business, I heard somewhere that you must make a profit to survive...

you may try sending using OKLink.  They give clear fee structure and how much you will receive in your bank account without any deduction

BDO charges $5 for every US bank check deposited into a peso account.  So I write a check for $3,005 get $3,000 deposited into the dollar savings account in 20 banking days.  Best to take out the dollars and convert them to pesos at Two Brothers or some other retail store, better rates than the banks.

That's correct. Money is sent in pesos to BPI

I am an permanent resident here in the Philippines and from my experience i would not use aussie banks or US affiliated companies. Try Orbit Remit.  $4.00 transaction fee and todays exchange rate of PHP 40.2994 / AU$1.00.   (13/04/2018)

Just signed up to Orbit

Been using Orbit for a long time no problems £2 fee from the uk beats WU any day.

ORBIt hey, i will look in to this too,

Not sure if it would be different in AUS, but from here in US, if you send money directly to a bank account in Phils via Western Union, it is 100% free.

This is an old post.  If you have not sorted your problem out by now consider using Orbit Remit. Keep your AU bank account and get Centrelink to deposit your pension there.  Mine is every 28 days. If you want to know more please ask and i will be happy to tell you.  With Orbit Remit good exchange rate and $4.00 per transaction. For Aussies it is the best way to do it and you know exactly how much will arrive in your nominated bank account. My pension goes in on a Friday and as long  the transaction is done by the close of banking EST my money is ready to be picked up Saturday aft. The first transaction you ever do is free and after that every 10 one is free.

Only charge mate using orbit remit is the $4.00 transaction fee.  No other banking fees.