Raising kids in Oman

Hello everyone,

How is raising kids in Oman different from raising kids in your home country?

What are the activities that your kids seem to enjoy the most in Oman?

Do you feel that the country is "family-friendly"?

Do you recommend Oman as a good place to raise kids? Why or why not?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I am yet to get my kids here because I am struggling to get schools for 12 and 10 year old that is affordable and in sync with the system we have back at home. if you have recommendations of schools please share the same with me
Regards
Jack

I have been living in Oman  from last 6 years and i found this place the best of best.
It is the wonderful place to live in Oman.. 100% fully secured place

Hahahaha sorry to say but am not married yet... 😂

I am living in Muscat ,Oman for past 2 yrs , i feel it is safe , regarding kids i am still trying , but sure for kids it is the best place in the world with family friends , education & health  .

No doubt Oman is the best place to live,but v miss family bonding when it comes for raising kids.if v have good group than no worries.

Hello Everyone!!

With regards to raising children, I have two children aged nine and five. We struggled finding good schools in Oman and the ones we did find were so behind in terms of education. The approach from teachers was very laid back and not like back in the UK. So, unfortunately education side was not up to standard, however, the lifestyle is great. If you're an outdoor person then there's nothing better than Oman. There are plenty of dirt tracks for bmxing and beautiful places to swim, fishing in the sea and just exploring Oman !! It's so safe, and nothing to worry about. People are friendly and kids feel safe here. I hope that answers any questions .

I have been living in oman for the last 5 years. Oman has been a wonderful, safe and a peaceful nation.
Bringing up kids in this country is challenging for the below reasons

1. The quality of education is a concern
2. The choice of education and the offering is not available as it is in many developed and developing countries

Good day for all,
For last 5 yrs in Oman, my opinion is similar to some of the other member regarding safety and friendly Poeple and i can say it is one of the best country for expat but the only 2 problems, 1st education is very costy and not up to the standard and secondly there is no clubs to practice sport except small clubs with limited facilities.
Regarding social life it differ from one person to another according to how many real friends you have in Oman.

Hello everyone...
For me its nice to raise the kids in Oman,why? Because i feel this country was a peacful living. I dont see much more on crimes...although have also but its not much more in  other country.
You can go also in some other good and beautiful places here..
I can say that its so good to live here.
Thank you.

Hi everyone...
Raising kids here is not like home, mainly because the very expensive schools, low standard of education and the very limited outdoor activities at temperatures reaching 50 degrees in summer. Very poor choices of budget after school activities: if there are any, its very costly. Than it adds to the transportation issue ...
Yes, Oman is relatively save, but not as much as our home country, mainly because of the driving habits; healthcare is, lets say to be improved....
Going back home my kids will have to repeat at least one grade to reach an acceptable level...
No, we are not happy to raise the kids in Oman