Housing in Addis- The nitty gritty

Selam all.

I've been an avid reader of this forum. Thank you for all your insight. :)) Finally rose up to post.

Family of three looking to go back to Addis (we are Ethiopian born) for about three months- January to March 30. For serious, can we talk about house rental prices in Addis? I've lived in NYC and I am still left puzzled by the asking price for rent... two bedrooms for $3700?!

What's propelling this? Someone suggested we stay in a guesthouse for a few weeks and find a place there. Is it true that "internet prices" are different than when you go in person? Also, can you pay rent monthly or everything at one time?

We are looking for a two or three bedroom in Bole area or somewhere center-- I have been warned about the traffic on this site. Any leads in the $1500 range greatly appreciated.

Onwards!

I think nearly everything online is total BS. Two years ago you could get 2-3 bedroom villa type place (prob without the service quarters) for 15-20,000. Not in Bole though, but at least central-ish (Haya Hulet say, or maybe Kazanchis).