"Applicants for this position should have a valid NZ work visa."

Hi,

I'm a dual Canadian & British citizen. I last visited NZ 8 years ago aged 29, on a Working Holiday Visa for young people.

I am now keen to emigrate, following a number of ex-colleagues who are now happily settled there.

Extensive reading of the NZ Immigration website indicates that in most cases, a job offer is going to be necessary to obtain a working visa. This is backed up by my points situation - 145 points but rising to 195 with a job offer (160+ currently required).

I'm perfectly suited a for a host of jobs in IT that I can see online, but they all say "Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa." - catch 22!

I have seen a few jobs form employers stating they are 'happy to assist with visa sponsorship', but sadly these roles do not fall in my area of Tech Support.

Any advice offered would be most appreciated!

Best,
Benny

Any advice offered would be most appreciated

You've answered your question within ur post, haven't you !!! :)

What do you mean? I'm assuming you're trying to be helpful!

"Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa." - catch 22!

This is the answer to your question which you have stated yourself.  Trust you'd understand it now.

Organise a visit and come down. Plan to spend about 6-8 weeks. Contact employers and follow up in person once here! You can also easily switch visas in country