EP holder minimum salary

Hi. I graduated my engineering degree back in 2016. I got a job as a Corrosion Engineer in mid Jan 2017. My company sponsored my EP and my fixed salary is S$2,200. Recently I've just realised that the minimum salary for EP holder is S$3,600. Am I being cheated by my employer? I don't want my EP to be downgraded to SP, and of course I wanna get the minimum wage. What should I do now?

How you called that your EP was down graded? Your company never applied an EP with a monthly fixed salary of $2200. This is the minimum salary to eligible for a S pass application. Where is the issue of down graded then? Or you are trying to say earlier you had an EP and now a new company offering you $2200 (only eligible to apply for S pass)?

For second part of your query, you can do two things either reject this offer then look for a new job opportunity with a new employer. Or, negotiate for a better package with this employer, but don't think this employer will agree to hike your salary from $2200 to $3600 in order for you to eligible to apply EP (but no guarantee that it will approve).

Even with the current package, there is no guarantee that S pass will approve. Good luck

Hi Surya. Thanks for your reply.

I think you got it wrongly. Here's the full story,

I graduated in Sept 2016. Got a job in Malaysia under company A, a month later my manager from Singapore request me to be transfer to Singapore under company B(sg based). Company A and B are owned by the same people, company B is the HQ. So the people in Company B prepared everything for me, I don't know the process, minimum requirements and so on. So I officially became an employee of company B started from 16th Jan 2017, the prepared my EMPLOYMENT PASS, with salary S$2,200. And just recently I have realized that minimum wage for EP should be S$3,600. So I've been working for almost a year now..

I'm afraid if I direct this matter to my HR, they will downgrade my EP to SP (because of this: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h … -companies). Because I have plan to apply for PR in the future.

What should I do now? Should I ask MOM about this?

Will advise to check with MOM. If you're issued EP, you should be eligible for the min salary that's needed for EP.

Cheers,
ThomasAbeesh.com

Then, you are getting wrong. All along you are holding S pass (not an EP). Your employer must have applied your work pass application and ticking the S pass box (when an employer applies employees visa application, system will have option to tick mark either S pass or EP or both).

Example: if your salary is more than $3600 but you are not sure whether S pass will be approved or EP because SAT shows you are eligible for both then it's better to tick as both. Let MoM decide which pass you are entitled for. But, if your salary is less than $3600 then you are not eligible to apply EP and only can apply S pass.

So, don't confuse yourself by telling that your employer had prepared EP earlier.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to have an EP with salary below S$3600/month.
So you cannot have one. Like the other readers, I assume you have an S-Pass, for which the minimum is S$2200/month.