Buying a humidifier

Hi Guys,
I am nagitha from Sri Lanka, currently residing in Santiago DR. Coming from the extremely humid coasts of Sri Lanka, I am continuously suffering from the drier Air here. Anyone can recommend a store where I can purchase a humidifier? My search has ended in complete despair.

Appreciate if someone who has bought one locally could direct me.

Cheers
Nagitha

First welcome to the forum.
Second ...WOW needing a humidifier.  Most of here need a de humidifies as humidity is usually pretty high.
In Santiago check Plaza Lama and Corpio and maybe even price mart. I can honestly say I have never seen one here. You may have to import one :)

Bob K

Sorry also check the big home store at Ochoa

Bob K

Thanks so much Bob, really appreciate the tips. I already checked in two of the places you suggested with not much luck as these guys have small vaporizers. I'll check one more time.

Good luck.  I fear you will need to buy one on line and have it shipped in

Bob K

Greetings,
With all due respect , have you had a medical consult ruling out allergies ?
Don't answer , that's you business.
I don't know any second hand stores en the city but I would ask a taxi driver since many people go to N.Y. and bring back things out of their norm.
Best of luck

Go to Spankys Bar in Sosua. Ask for Gary. If anyone knows where to get one, it's him.He'll take you there & check it out. He is a Canadian ex-pat who has been here for decades. He loves driving all over the island & can come up with the most esoteric items that you can imagine.  He enjoys a mission to help people.  Good luck & welcome to life here.

There is a second hand store en Navarrete with items brought from America. Take Duarte autopista towards puerta plate , stay left at traffice circle . In 5 minutes you will see a park on right hand side after you pass banco popular. It is about 7 blocks past park on Duarte .You will see bicycles and such outside. Just an alternative suggestion , feel better.

Forgot to mention it's not an ex pat town , a lot of stores still close between 12 noon -2pm.