Relocating to Annecy with kids - where do most families live?

hi there,

We're moving to Annecy for a year with our 7 year old. We've been to Annecy a few times and love it, but always as tourists. Now moving for a year and wondering where do most families end up. We'd like to be in a neighborhood where there are more kids and facilities then tourists but still be somewhat close to the old town (if such neighborhood exists).

Hello.  My wife and I are considering relocating to Annecy for a year.  We have 2 small kids, 5 & 2.  I would love to hear if you made the move and how it's going?  Any tips/advice you can offer?  Particularly about finding an appropriate place to live for a family with young kids.

Thank you,
Michael

Ditto moi.  We'll be visiting in October and would like to scout apartments.  Is there an agent you can recommend meeting with?

There is no special recommandation.  I know an agent I can recommend you, but in fact each agent work for a specific agency. In my view it is best you check out the offers  of each agency. You go online  se loger.com  buying or renting you select a few and it will be the agency who put the advertising who will answer you. Everyone in France check out on  seloger.com it where you  have the larger choice.
Annecy is one of expensive place for real estate as it is a booming place with lots of people working in Geneva. So do not be surprised

The Best is to go online to  seloger.com  you have the most offers and individuals and agencies use it. Then you are directed to the agencies. Some have exclusivity on some flats so if you go only with one you might miss out. You make your selection, start visiting and then they understand better what you want. But use the competition for finding the best. Prices are higher because the demands is high.

Annecy is great for family. Everywhere is nice. People like to live around the lake Sevrier, Veyrier, Annecy-le-Vieux. Close to the lake, to « piste for cycling » , walks. You  have buses for kids to commute. But if you want me to be more precise, please let me know what you expect and looking for. Budget wise Annecy is more expensive than most French middle town

Everywhere is great.Around the lake Veyrier, Sevrier, Annecy-le-Vieux. Depending , your means, your specific requirement. Families live everywhere as Annecy is great for families.

We did move here for a year as well.
I've scoured the internet and local rental sites  (https://www.leboncoin.fr and https://www.seloger.com) for rentals, and found this really unique place, which we ended up renting for a year and couldn't be happier here http://www.annecymysweethome.com. It's perfect for extended stays. It has all you'd need for the year, tons of storage, and even a yard for kids to play in. We constantly get neighbors with kids , so our son always have some playmates.
Otherwise you can try the local rental sites but you should know everything is done in person here, so I had no luck getting in touch with some of the other regular rentals (via emails as first contact). Good rentals are pretty scarce here too

Thank you NDRocamadour and elenasch for your responses.  I'm looking forward to visiting Annecy soon.

NDRocamadour and elenasch: Thank you.  Very helpful!