Bank transfers/transferring money into UK account

Hello. I've recently found myself working in Sapa. I have a Natwest bank account back in the UK and was wondering how I can get my wages from my job in Vietnam into my account in the UK. I still have payments coming out of my UK account and I need to top it up with some more money.

I've yet to set up a Vietnamese bank account as I'm still waiting for my working visa to be processed. Once I set this up can I easily transfer monies between the two accounts? Or is there a way I can do this without opening a Vietnamese bank account?

Thank you in advance for your guidance

Welcome to the Forum Carligular :)

Have a look at Transferwise. Very easy to use and cheaper than banks.

Carligular wrote:

I've yet to set up a Vietnamese bank account as I'm still waiting for my working visa to be processed. Once I set this up can I easily transfer monies between the two accounts? Or is there a way I can do this without opening a Vietnamese bank account?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What @SimCityAT suggested may not work from Vietnam as you can see from the link "See more about the routes we cover." at the bottom of their site, Vietnam is missing.

It's difficult to do outward remittance from Vietnam, unless you have a legitimate proof of income.

You should open a local salary acct with your work permit / work visa.
You can then easily wire-transfer your money to your acct in the UK.
Usually they put a cap on maximum monthly outward remittance.

All the best!  :cheers: