Real Estate in Santa Marta

Can anyone recommend a real estate professional in Santa Marta to assist in locating possible investment properties?

I can recomend  some real estate agencies, but what type of property are you looking for?

Dear Chaz,

For bi-lingual assistance in locating property, I suggest you contact Hector Quintana (easily googled) and aprovechar de his 30-plus years in real estate matters in Colombia and Ecuador.

I see that Hector replied to you on an expat.com forum thread last year.

Landstryker also replied, providing a valuable link to the unique combination of situations pertinent to acquiring real property in Colombia.  You may wish to review that link on Buying Property in Colombia .. at this time.

If you have not yet moved to the Santa Marta area, it's recommended that you take your time before putting down any deposits .. to familiarize yourself with the area, the players, weather factors and the peculiarities of buying property there.

cccmedia

Not to mention the fact that the power goes out all the time and you simply MUST have a backup generator........and the water situation is also critical........there are barrios in Santa Marta (albeit poor ones) where the water only comes once every two weeks.......Santa Marta has its charms and I like it there.......still better than Panama.....but its the same pathetic Electric company we have here in Panama......and I got sick twice in one month....and Im never sick....for years.........so somethin goin on over there.......does not apply to Medellin.....Outside of air quality, everything works in Medellin...........Unless they get rid of Fenosa, I would never move to the Atlantic Coast of Colombia even tho Im a beach guy......I would choose Ecuador first.......But upcountry Colombia is another thing.......another world.........another level............