Adopting my stepdaughter; in the Philippines

Hello my name is Steven and I am looking for information and advice on the adoption of my stepdaughter with in the Philippines. (I am not looking for information on adopting and residing in the US only with in the Philippines)   My wife and  step daughter live in Vigan city Ilocos Sur, Philippines.  I split my time between there and work in the US.
  If anybody can give advice or share life experiences on this matter it will be greatly appreciate it.
                                              Thank you all.

Are you looking for a means in which you can take your step daughter from her mother and move her to the US ?

Isn't  it true that your step daughter will always be 'just your step daughter as I assume you have married her mother ?

Yes we are married and plan to remain in the Philippines. My wife has a full-time career and my daughter has honors in school since she's began. We have decided not to uproot the family and move to the US but remain in the Philippines since I will be retiring in another six years or so anyway.
PS  I apologize if I don't reply immediately. My Ship is just about to leave port and won't be back to  shore for another 6 to 8 days.

I know some person that is  going to adopt his stepdaughter in the Philippines to bring her to the European Union. If you are interested in to know news about his adoption just tell me.

I see the only reason to adapt your step daughter, is because  you have separated (for one reason or another) from her mother?  Is this true?

It is not true Bob18. That is not the reason  to adopt her stepdaughter.

Why adopt her?

If a minor is adopted the minor there automatically become citizens of that country ( Portugal, Spain , .... or other European Union country (EU) and that is good to the child have more rights, helps from the govenment ( money, scholarships,  beneficts, etc .... Always that the minor be living in that country of the EU.

Really?  If you adapt a kid here in the Philippines, the kid automatically becomes a citizen of your home country?   No  application process is required by your immigration department?  And the kid is handed a passport?
This must be something specific to the European Union ...

haha nothing is Automatic bob18, not sure what that guy is on, but I can tell you he is just talking bull, to adopt a child no matter what age it is legal matter, procedures to follow, for both party's involved, lost of interviews, to see if they are suitable to adopt, it is long process, but with this other guy to adopt his stepdaughter, that is different then, maybe not as hard if he is married to her Mother, but still legal matter for all of them, so guys ask your lawyer for advice not here, every Country is different when it come for adoption of a miners.

I am sorry. Maybe I was wrong and
of course, a international adoption is a long process with too many obstacles.

I was talking about a Domestic adoption in the Philippines.
I am talking about a Spanish that wants to adopt his stepdaughter and the Spanish is married with the filipina mother of his stepdaughter. They have a good relation and they are living together.
In Spain:
Foreign minors under the age of 18 acquire Spanish nationality by origin upon being adopted by a Spanish national.

///////////////....

Maybe in the USA the government is very strict to give the USA citizenship but not in Spain.

I apologize guys ....,
I was only giving some information and my own opinion I was maybe wrong.

I agree that the adoption it  is a legal matter and there is to ask to some lawyers or experts ....
Anyway:
I hope and I wish that Nolalove (Steven) be able to adopt soon his stepdaughter. Good luck.

Note about me:
I am married with a Filipina , I have a biological son filipino and Spanish citizen and of course I have been living in the Philippines. .....   
I love The Philippines island and I respect and I love Filipino people.

Thank you for your reply. Yes it's going to be a pretty long process especially in my case since I am working overseas and not able to be at the house for a 90 day stretch for the two random  visits by the social worker. The people at the adoption agency in Vigan are very friendly. They have given my wife and I great advice on how to go about the adoption. We will start the process in April or May. when I have my next leave.   Thanks again for the reply.

There are so many reasons why one would want to adopt their wife/husband's children. I would think that any person that mary's would I want to adopt their partner siblings.  Why wouldn't they.. They are now your family if adopted or not.
  So I will give one example and they are mini mini more. This one is a very simple one but it makes my point.
   After we were married my daughter started to sign her name using my last name at school because her mother now signs her name that way. She was very upset when we had to explain to her she was not able to use her mother/my last name. It broke her heart she was only six at the time. Now a year later she still signs her name with our last name when she is playing around the house.
  As I stated earlier this is a simple account . As reasons go, it wouldn't be on my top 50 examples  for making this choice all of which are good ones.

As a child under age 17 there would be tax advantages to call her your child, although you could probably prove now that you and your wife support her.

I would be interested in knowing how things work out for you. I am working they same issue with my future wife.
Adopting her two children after we are married. I travel also for work and can live anywhere.

And to answer some of the debate. Yes adopted children automatically obtain the citizenship of their adopted parent if the family so wishes. This is for the U.S. They will be given a passport from the embassy once the adoption process is finalized in the Philippines.

In the U.S. it is called the child citzenship act. The Child Citizenship Act (CCA) of 2000 guarantees automatic citizenship to qualifying adoptees born outside of the U.S. under the age of 18.

The benefits are enormous for a foriegn born child to become a citizen of the U.S.
Besides my personal work benefits that would pass on to the child, rights of survivorship, health insurance, my company offers scholarships to dependent children. The child would receive the benefits of being a U.S. citizen. Nearly unrestricted travel, the option of moving to the U.S. if they wished to attend university there or work.  Plus many other benefits.

I would like to know how it worked out and the process and requirements.  I am also intending to adopt my filipino fiancee's children.

I am married to a philippine national three years now she has a daughter that is 18 but in my heart he is my daughter i wish to adopt this young lady and make her a permanent part of my family what are the requirements in the process an order to make this happen

If I will marry a Filipina with child - and if we get child/children together - then I would adopt to make it fair between the children, because otherwice the not adopted child wouldnt inherit from me as the other child/children. *
If we dont get children together not important to adopt of that reason, because that child will inherit fair through her mother anyway.
An other reason to wait some can be to see if the mother will start missbehaving after marriage   :)   It would become some odd if having an adopted child if separated from her mother soon.

* NOT for adopted, but to think of if get child/children together WITHOUT being married, then children born  outside marriage get only HALF of what children born inside marriage inherit according to Philippine law.