Need help regarding EP renewal processing time

Hi All,

I am Indonesian working in ICT sector in Malaysia since 2014. Just want to seek advise regarding EP renewal in Malaysia. My employer is an MNC company with valid MSC status, and this is the first time i renew my EP with this company. (I didn't change my employer/job). I am in a middle of frustration because I will need my passport to apply for another travel visas for upcoming holiday in December, so timing is very crucial for me now.

My 3rd party agent (which is appointed by my employer) said that there is new rules that being applied on 15th Nov so that the whole EP process time is reduced to around 9 working days (until endorsement). But because my Stage 1 application already approved prior to 15 Nov 17, they say that Stage 2 will follow old processing time which is 14 working days. Note that they already collect my documents start on 30th Oct, and only submit to MDEC by 7th Nov.

I am not sure if that correct, i read somewhere in myexpats website (ESD) here, they only required 5 working days including endorsement. I already passed my passport to this agent and they said they already have one of their team to go to Immigration on Tuesday, 21 Nov. I also ask around to other friend that work in other company and used to apply for expats in their company, they revert that it only took 3 days for stage 2 (include endorsement).

My question will be :
1. Does this mean that currently my EP is in endorsement stage or still waiting for other thing? I didn't see my records in this link. It did have records of other people dated 22nd Nov though, also my first EP application only.
2. Is that possible that I can get my passport back on this Friday or next Monday? I read that endorsement shouldn't take long time, but is that really the case?
3. Is that any way for me to check this application status ? Does calling directly to immigration will consider as offensive ? I call my agent everyday to ask for status and seems like they are not taking this as urgent (can see that they only submit one week after i submit all my documents, and then another week to check MDEC approval, and another week to submit to immigration).

My apologies if you find this question had been asked many times already. This is my burning question and I already have sleepless night thinking when can I get my passport back so my travel visa application will be approved in time..

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
V

Sources:
ESD Guide September 2017
MyXPats leaflet

Hi,

If your process is through MDEC, you can call or email them to check your status and any other query. MDEC contact details can be found on this link //expats.com.my/expats/contact

Application status can be checked online also on this link expats.com.my/expats2009/checkstatus.html
But looks like they have changed the website design and structure, and now this link is not working.