Door to door sales Vietnam

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some informations regarding door to door sales in group (for example thermomix sale) in Vietnam. Do you know if it exists? If yes what kind of products are sold? Which companies? Many thanks :)

Do these companies bug people and get told to sod off in Asia as well?

Hi,
Whatever your trying to sell , you better research your market.   
For example...Thermomix @ $2000-  is equivalent to the TOTAL average Annual salary here.   

It would be like walking door to door in your home country trying to sell luxury cars .      I know VN friends here who shop online with  Lazarda.com.vn.......they seem to be able to get anything on that site.

The only people here I see doing the rounds door to door are fruit & veg vendors on rusty bicycles.    If they see a foreign dude peddling stuff , you'll be left standing.      A neighbour here tried to get Amway going........didn't happen.

It's a hard market for a stand alone foreign guy .

Yogi007 wrote:

Hi,
Whatever your trying to sell , you better research your market.   
For example...Thermomix @ $2000-  is equivalent to the TOTAL average Annual salary here.   

It would be like walking door to door in your home country trying to sell luxury cars .      I know VN friends here who shop online with  Lazarda.com.vn.......they seem to be able to get anything on that site.

The only people here I see doing the rounds door to door are fruit & veg vendors on rusty bicycles.    If they see a foreign dude peddling stuff , you'll be left standing.      A neighbour here tried to get Amway going........didn't happen.

It's a hard market for a stand alone foreign guy .

You do realise Amway exists here?

thank you for your answer! Do you know why your neighbour Amway business didn't work?
Regards :)

Yeah,
The Amway stuff is here, but this local lady “folded up” not long after going into it.    Karma I suppose...she was a **** .  I think the locals are pretty good at “cleaning out” things anyway without the need to buy something to help in the process😆

Myself....I've never seen her or the product since.   

Mmmm.....why it didn't work.?   Maybe the price point a bit too high for the locals.    I remember when the Amway craze hit Australia and every punter got told they were gunna become “Amway Millionaires “ the same issue was the price point.   

These days you've got to be price competitive......Amazon for example , they move stuff at bargain prices and Jeff Bezos has done well out of it.   

People love a bargain.   I know expat people here that'll walk an extra 500 metres, drink in a ***joint , just  to save 10 cents on a beer.   

Yogi thinks you humans are an odd bunch.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please don't use foul language.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Yogi007 wrote:

People love a bargain.   I know expat people here that'll walk an extra 500 metres, drink in a *** joint , just  to save 10 cents on a beer.   

Yogi thinks you humans are an odd bunch.

Actually this seems pretty rational to me.   :D

Your right, we all love a bargain. 
My sister in Australia is a VERY wealthy woman.   Owns several properties, earns $250k plus salary , plus rental income , plus managed fund income........but shops on EBay for bargains on second hand stuff.

Also only buys groceries that are on the specials rack.   She's worked since she was 15 .   Only ever been overseas once....and that was for a bargain medical procedure in Thailand.

I can see her point.   She wants value for money.  Problem is....doesn't need the money. 😆

Ironically, I'd say her kids will squander most of it when she's gone.

Life's funny eh....

As for Yogi,   I could afford a luxury lifestyle, but I don't need it.   I'm happier with the simple things.   I needed a change, and an opportunity to experience another culture & way of life.    I've got that here .   

As far as I know,  we only get one crack at this game of life.   And guess what.....none of us will get out of this game alive. 🤓