Reason For Rejection

Hi Guys,

I want to ask whether someone in here can give me some clue about the issue that happened to me.

I just got SPASS rejection from two company (I apply one after the other, not in the same time) and the reason is the same that the HR shows the letter from MOM and it's said :

"This candidate is not eligible for the work pass. Please look for another candidate."

I tried to ask HR whether she can share the information from MOM which she called to get more clear reason why I got rejected  and based on this company HR she wrote like this :

"MOM shares that thorough screening include working on your background checks with the foreign affairs. The conclusion was that you have not passed the screening. As such, we have been advised to look for other candidate to fill our vacancy."

Some of the fact about myself :

- I tried SAT test and it shows that I am eligible for this work pass.
- In 2013-2014 I was worked in Singapore for 9 months and got an EPASS, after that I resigned because I want to continue to study Master Degree.
- Salary offer that I got for current application (2017) is increasing but not significant than the first period (2013-2014) but I just got an SPASS now.

Now I got another offer from another company, and I'm just curious what do you think that I got rejected twice. I do my own analysis for the reason why I got rejection.

based on my analysis :

- Salary offer need way higher from the previous salary. I need to find job that offer me much better salary??

- MOM blacklist me because I was work for short term (9 months) on my first period. Job-hoppers things? And I don't know what my employer wrote to the MOM when I resigned. I'm afraid they wrote some bad remarks about me which makes the MOM blacklist me. But at that time I did resign in a proper way.

- I have problem with government ??? I check on the tax with IRAS and dont have any problem. I dont have any criminal issue. I never problem with immigration while I'm visiting with a tourist visa. I worry about this because the HR states that I didn't pass screening on my background checks with foreign affairs"

- On the first application this year, the employer forgot to wrote that I was work in Singapore before and didnt write my FIN number from the first period work. And got rejected. Some of the people said it can caused to the rejection because you didnt give honest information to the MOM. But the second application I've asked the employer and told them that I have FIN number and the result is still got rejected.

Right now another company try to approaching me, but before they apply me again to MOM i just want to make sure what is the reason why I got rejected from two previous application. Maybe some of you here can advise or give me some feedback. I would appreciate it.

vdvaart wrote:

"This candidate is not eligible for the work pass. Please look for another candidate."

"MOM shares that thorough screening include working on your background checks with the foreign affairs. The conclusion was that you have not passed the screening. As such, we have been advised to look for other candidate to fill our vacancy."

This means that something is wrong with your personal profile - the rejection has nothing to do with employer, job, salary, etc.
I assume the reply from MoM was not "foreign affairs" but "foreign vetting agencies". That means they have asked partnering organisations in your home country to check your background - and they found something wrong. It could be that your school did not confirm authenticity of your degree, or a former employer claimed you never worked there, or any other issue.
Before this is cleared, it makes no sense to apply for any further work pass, as it will be also rejected.
You or your employer should contact MoM (and possible ICA, if this might be an immigration issue) and try to get more information. If they decline to give any, ask how long you will be banned and wait until after that (usually a few years).