BRINGING YOUR FURNITURE

Hello, I am planing to send all my furniture and household things from USA TO SHARM.
I was told I need to pay duty on the things I bring.
IS this correct??

Can't comment on the tax but check the voltage inputs the electronics will accept.
A lot of US market stuff uses only 110v but Egypt is 220v, that making your stuff useless.
Also, before you ship, check local prices as it could well be cheaper to buy new than pay the shipping costs.

I was told when I wanted to bring my car that the duty so high would be better to buy here  and I was told by one shipping company one pound costs $950 either way so I just bought old wood Funiture and had it painted and recovered.  Looks great but miss my personal things bring some every time I go and come.   Good Luck let me know how you do

Remember new visa laws go into effect on January first and no more visas at the air port must get them a head of time cost $160 not sure of the price yet. But the people who give you a visa with tell you how long you can stay you have no choose any more  good luck

Hi. Just been reading your post. I'm a little worried now. I have a 2 weeks holiday booked in january. Can I not just pay my £25 at the airport when I arrive anymore
Thanks

No more visas at air port must get them from what every country you are from befor you come to Egypt must do it on line and they will tell you how long you can stay  they are deciding on the cost right now is $160 but am sure it will change   And last time they stopped visas at the air port they reenstated it in two months time so we will see many other laws for visas also