Villas

Hi I am moving to Bali soon to get a Kitas visa . I am also looking for a villa to by a leasehold . Can any one suggest where is the best place to look for a villa . Like a real estate agent or a online site . Thanks Geoff

NOT an estate agent unless you love throwing money away.
Local guys will try to convince you they work as agents but most are just out for a quick earner regardless of their real job. They'll try to screw you for as much as possible.

Try OLX or other online sites and/or wandering around.

One question, why a villa instead of a house?
The cost difference is massive but the advantages are few unless you're into luxury with no care as to the cost.

Last for this session, NEVER let some rip off artist allow you to think you can legally buy land or use a nominee to buy it for you but have their name on the papers.
Trouble on a stick.

David Droman wrote:

I have a great agent,   But look at a business visa with multiple entry,  it is cheap and you can stay60 days + 30  extension,  costs  150 USD.  per year

Is that legal without owning a business?
Great way to get deported if nabbed by immigration

David Droman wrote:

I
IF YOU HAVE A KITAS AND ARE STAYING LONG TERM, you can get a  Hak Kupi  (very missspelled) that is a very long term lease,  but you can buy free hold that way, but you need to maintain your Kitas.  Kitas is not cheap, but gives you more options.

Only if you want to lose the land without compensation.
This is illegal so should NEVER be considered.
Some rip off bent agents will set up schemes but they're schemers and you are setting yourself up for a fall.

David Droman wrote:

BANKS,  I fould a lot of banks that will let expats without Kitas open a bank account.
OCDP,  Permata,  for two.

Illegal and leaves you open to the account being frozen and your cash consficated by the government.

It would be crazy to attempt to open an illegal account these days but it was common years ago.

Geoff...where in Bali are you planning to settle? 

The best way to find good deals is by word of mouth...and that means rubbing elbows with the expat community in the area you have in mind.

Hi Ubudian thanks for your reply . I was in Bali in October and I liked a villa in Seminyac for $210 K AUD with a 21 year leasehold  . It was beautiful it had a pool but there was some defects in the building . It was just a few hundred metres from the main highway . But I could not hear a thing because the walls around the villa would have been at least 3 metres high . But it was close to restaurants , shops and walk to the beach . I was talking to a cab driver and he said it was better to wait as property prices are going down ? I had planned to see more properties but 2 other real estate agents I organized did not even bother to contact me when I was there for 3 weeks . They contacted me when I was back home in Australia ? Thanks Geoff .

Hi Fred thanks for your advice . I had never thought about living in a house in Bali because I thought it would be to costly . I thought a villa would suit me better because I am single and I just want to relax and go surfing . I was in Bali in October and I organize 3 real estate agents with 12 villas to view . But only one real estate agent even bothered to contact me the other 2 contacted me when I was home in Australia . One of the agents said his computer was broken ? I will look at the website you recommended thanks for that . Yes I am now aware that I cannot own land or property in Bali . I have one guy contact me and offered a business deal where I put up the money to build as he owned some land . I kindly declined his offer . Thanks again Fred . Geoff .

woody54 wrote:

I liked a villa in Seminyac for $210 K AUD .

Illegal.
All local transactions must be done in Rupiah.

Yes Fred it was priced in Rupiah . But I still get confused converting money to AUD dollars .

woody54 wrote:

Yes Fred it was priced in Rupiah . But I still get confused converting money to AUD dollars .

That goes away in time. I couldn't do a thing in Rupiah when I first arrived but I have a hard time with Pounds now.
Get used to how much everything costs but never compare or convert to your old money and you'll soon get used the local stuff.

In current condition, you can apply for Hak Pakai for the villa at the Land office covering your villa area. but make sure you bring your own guy to make sure the process conducting in Land Office. You will get a kind of certificate with your name on it. That is the most legal way which will protect your right on that land for the next 20 years. That Hak Pakai also extendable. I'm not use the word leasehold, because many people have misuse that terms, so to be safe, ask your property agent for Hak Pakai.

But never give the whole money upfront, or you agree anything they said without receipt and confirmation in writing.

Bali legal process is a formal way. There is no such things as gentleman's agreement. so better make everything, any change, amendment, alteration in writing