57000 DKK Salary - New to Copenhagen - Family of 3

Hello Wonderful People,

Greetings! Im new to expat.com and Copenhagen as well, I have been offered 57000 DKK from a danish company which i did accepted and planning to start the job during Jan 2018.

*Spouse not working for time being
*Need to find Kindergarten for my daughter(3 Yrs)
*Office near strangade

1) What would be my take home salary?
2) Which area is good for my family to reside? im good to travel 30 - 45 Mins to office.

Looking forward for few inputs from the expat experts :)

Cheerz..
Dave

Hi Dave,

700,000 kroner a year (2018) = tax 211,431 kroner in Gladsaxe municipality.  If you settle down in Tårnby municipality the tax will amount to 208,319 kroner. As you see, the tax will differ a little depending on where you settle down.

It is very difficult to find housings why I'll recommend you to ask your company to help you. Some landlords only rent out to expat, e.g. through their company, and the other way round, you won't risk to be cheated, pay too much etc. In general, the house market is not a market where you can pick and choose and as a newcomer, only the newest (and most expensive) apartments are available.

In your case, I think that Amager would be fine because of the air port and the Metro. Many new apartments on Amager which may ease the search.
Example:
https://www.boligdeal.dk/koebenhavn

/Nellie

Thank you Nellie! your inputs will really help me to plan my days in CPH. :)