Cheap Airfare?

I was wondering if any one knew a cheaper airline direct or airfare search engine that I could check. I'm living in Northern CA flying out of San Fran and the search CheapO Air has been the cheapest I've found. I want to fly in the fall into Quito or Cuenca to get a feel for the area before I make the big move, even though I'm already sold on moving to Ecuador in December or January I'd still like to check it out before I sell off most of my belongings and quit my job. Any suggestions?

Hi California,:cool:

We are from Southern California. (Lived in San Jose and Sacramento on American River Drive also.) Very expensive.  As to your questions about airfare?  We now live in Jacksonville, FL and we got a great airfare from here to Quito and then to Cuenca from there. EXPEDIA gave us the best deal. If you have the time to really check things out, you might want to go thru Priceline.  And, some advice from a former flight attendant from way back when..look for airfares after midnight..say around 2AM..the airlines are looking to sell their seats cheap at that time.  I checked at 10PM..did not like what I saw; waited til 2AM and came up with a fare for $350.00 less. American to Miami; LAN Ecuador to Quito.  LAN Ecuador from Quito to Cuenca the next morning.

We are flying down there on April 12th for 10 days to check out the area and find the best location to rent/buy. If you would care to keep in touch, here is my email addy. "[email protected]". We should know more about everything when we get back on the 23rd.

Carole
Jacksonville, FL

That is GREAT advice Carole! I had no idea the time of day had an impact on pricing. I'd love to keep in touch and hear about your trip next month. After a reading a ton Expat.coms it appears that Ecuador is a great fit for me and a cheap way to live on savings while I get my degree online. (This has been my solution to quitting my job and going back to school full-time) Who knows, I may never want to come back to the states...