Marriage to phillipine gf

Hi am Prem Sinha ,I was using social media from two years and am really want to thank the creator of facebook ,coz by this i have got my true love partener ,at first we were strangers but now we are each others life,we have concerned to our parents about our love ,now we are ready for marriage ,just only some steps away coz right now am doing my graduation first year and after finishing it i will go to her ....so i want to know that what are rules to marry other country

The creator of Facebook has already been thanked BILLION$ of times. Hope she doesn't want to marry you for your money  ;-)

You haven't even met her face to face and you want to marry her???? Hmmmm

Ahhhh, Bold....you skeptic you.   
Hahahahaha

You ever been to the Philippines?  You are in grad school, can't look up the laws for an Indian to marry a Filipina?  Where do you intend to live?  You know me better than you know her, for you are sure I have never lied to you.

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

You haven't even met her face to face and you want to marry her???? Hmmmm

yea i have the same question too. haha

I guess there must be no women in your own Country? WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot?

If you are a foreigner and wish to marry a Filipina, then you must ensure that you have very deep pockets.  This is a very expensive undertaking for you.   Not only might you marry your Filipina, but you will be marrying her large family as well!  Make sure you change your last name to 'Bank'

Let me guess.....She also wants you to buy her a house and a lot. Sound familiar????

If you're asking for info and assistance from this group re marrying your Filipina FB GF, heed the advices as well in regards to your actually visiting her at her place to establish the ff -
1. If she is indeed a woman; not gay pretending to be a woman online;
2. If she is actually the same person as her FB pictures; see her in person,
3. If she is married or living with somebody else - for this I suggest you hire a local private investigator.

After you have the answers to all 3 questions and still want to continue, meet her in person and start an actual face to face relationship for a period of time before you spend time, effort, and money to marry her.

Whatever you spend in trying to establish her true identity will definitely be a lot less than whatever you spend in trying to marry her.
Good luck on your journey Prem.

@petersan . Great advice!

A FB wife hahaha Great idea find a wife on FB in another Country  WTF???

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

A FB wife hahaha Great idea find a wife on FB in another Country  WTF???

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot? haha

It appears as if many of us foreigners on this site have some knowledge and maybe some personal experience with these on-line Filipina chatting or dating girls.   This would make an interesting topic.   I might also suggest that Jeprem Sinha  think about setting up a loan at his local bank before he leaves to marry his Filipina.  When she has all his cash, he will need a way to return to his homeland ...

Maybe he should get tips from the other guy who wants to come to the Philippines to find white women hahaha

not all filipinas are same. I am sure you are handsome as hell and everybody wants to be with you lol. Everybody has reasons to marry. Some filipinas marry to have a better life. Some foreigners marry filipinas coz they cannot find same attention in their country.

So stop judging and get on with it.

Correct. Some foreigners marry Filipinas because they are complete losers who can't find women in their own Country.

Arthas wrote:

not all filipinas are same. I am sure you are handsome as hell and everybody wants to be with you lol. Everybody has reasons to marry. Some filipinas marry to have a better life. Some foreigners marry filipinas coz they cannot find same attention in their country.

So stop judging and get on with it.

Of course not all Filipinas are the same.  The idea that one can just show up in the Philippines based on FB or Skype for a few months, know no one else in the country, and just get married.  I guess arranged marriages still happen in India, but this plan goes beyond that.   There is no mention of his knowledge of the culture, previous visits, their religions.  Has he met the family?  There's good and bad everywhere, but in boxing this plan is called leading with your chin.  If he wants help he has to expect people to be judgmental, especially since he has exhibited little sound judgement himself.

bob18 wrote:

It appears as if many of us foreigners on this site have some knowledge and maybe some personal experience with these on-line Filipina chatting or dating girls.   This would make an interesting topic.   I might also suggest that Jeprem Sinha  think about setting up a loan at his local bank before he leaves to marry his Filipina.  When she has all his cash, he will need a way to return to his homeland ...

i believe it would be such an interesting topic though, cause me, myself, have experienced that, many times. lol.
my current bf met me from online chatting though but no, i didnt come here to marry a filipino. it was just happened that we met here after 1 year i moved in the Philippines. hahahhaa

Prem. FIRST YOU MUST GO TO THE PHILIPPINES  and check out the facts. Do not send any money until you have do so.

HI guys, you are all correct then again all wrong too,  so there is no right or wrong here, it is just Philippines, first you have to look at Country, culture and so on to have batter understanding of who you like to meet or marry here, are they all the same yes m about 99% you will find that one% to be genuine, it is like wining lotto, but is it worth it, it can be, it is all up to you.
I met my Gl in HK, I was there for holiday and she was too with her Sister 2012, she was to young at the time, but I said when she reaches 30th then she can call me and she did, I come to Philippines 2014 to meet her and family too, 2015 got Married, 2016 we had our Son, and have been here as from 2016 living in Philippines, I personally do not like it here, it is Hot and Humid for me, I love to go back but my Wife she wants to spend more time with her family,  that is ok we have few more years before our Sion starts school, then it will be time to go back, I have build house here have rice farms here too, there is no money in farms but gives Philippines little work or they will never find one and gives them some kind of life which they never had, there is lots of good and bad in here, mostly bad as it is poor country, but what i found interesting is they are poor but they lack a lot on respect part of it, they not even kind to their own people, they don't keep country clean, just they don't care, so my advise if you marry and if you have gf here, take them with you give them good life as believe me they will not have one here no will you, sure we can live here and adopt to this country, no problems will you be happy ?? most expat here here, maybe it is cheap I have not find it that way, my standers are high when it comes to life, so for me it can be expensive to live here, I compare my self to expats here, I enjoy good food good drink and lots of fresh air, this is not passible here to have any one of this, this is my take on the Philippines, but said all this mostly negative things I love my Wife and my Family, means my Son, and I will take them back home 2019, what will happen to things I have here, well as some one said you marry all of the family, they can take care of things here for us, and I hope they do, for me will be just a holiday from then on. Guys want to marry or live here first do your research do it well, or come and try for 6 months, find out for your self, we all have storeys to tell but you new to this make your own storey, life can be good or maybe even perfect, but it is not for every one, so try try and try bit more..

I have not been here long but some of the tales here are too sad. Love hunting is not easy and done best by fools. You aren't going to find love...it will find you.
If you sèek friendship, companionship and even sex you may have better luck.  People are people and when you meet someone look using your brain not your hopes.
I am lucky to met a woman that gets me and enjoys her time with me. She does not need my money and I don't need hers so we have only who we are....and it works great.
Good luck....

Hi Grayone, this I believe are not tales, people do live them, every day if they are here, and you right if you seek friendship companionship or sex, but then why will to come here to find this, we can easy find this in our own countries, when I found my wife I was looking for non of that, but it just happened, maybe this is best ways too, let love find you if you look for love then you may find some thing you will not like, I believe people here that have this tales to tell, most of them have been desperate from start, it happens people do get desperate at times, but then Man are strange animals, they think with dick but not with head, this is what Man has to live with, but you are lucky that you met nice Girl, for that that I solute you, but make sure you keep her now that you have such a person in your life, my life here is ok, I can go where ever I like, well not really as things are not as safe any more, but keep to pubic areas, no wondering on your own, no bush walking if not with a big groups, there is do and dont's but all in all is up to you how you make your life, sure it is back home as we are use to it, but this is new chalange in life, I will say welcome it in your life and don't fight it, if your Woman have close family which they all do, you are kind of expected to do a bit, and I mean a bit, don't go over board, you can only help as much as you can, they don't  expect you to give every thing you got, I must admit I have spend a lot here, but some was mostly my mistake, I wanted to impress haha, and now I found what I did was just waist of money, any way the way of life in Philippines..

samangelevski wrote:

HI guys, you are all correct then again all wrong too,  so there is no right or wrong here, it is just Philippines, first you have to look at Country, culture and so on to have batter understanding of who you like to meet or marry here, are they all the same yes m about 99% you will find that one% to be genuine, it is like wining lotto, but is it worth it, it can be, it is all up to you.
I met my Gl in HK, I was there for holiday and she was too with her Sister 2012, she was to young at the time, but I said when she reaches 30th then she can call me and she did, I come to Philippines 2014 to meet her and family too, 2015 got Married, 2016 we had our Son, and have been here as from 2016 living in Philippines, I personally do not like it here, it is Hot and Humid for me, I love to go back but my Wife she wants to spend more time with her family,  that is ok we have few more years before our Sion starts school, then it will be time to go back, I have build house here have rice farms here too, there is no money in farms but gives Philippines little work or they will never find one and gives them some kind of life which they never had, there is lots of good and bad in here, mostly bad as it is poor country, but what i found interesting is they are poor but they lack a lot on respect part of it, they not even kind to their own people, they don't keep country clean, just they don't care, so my advise if you marry and if you have gf here, take them with you give them good life as believe me they will not have one here no will you, sure we can live here and adopt to this country, no problems will you be happy ?? most expat here here, maybe it is cheap I have not find it that way, my standers are high when it comes to life, so for me it can be expensive to live here, I compare my self to expats here, I enjoy good food good drink and lots of fresh air, this is not passible here to have any one of this, this is my take on the Philippines, but said all this mostly negative things I love my Wife and my Family, means my Son, and I will take them back home 2019, what will happen to things I have here, well as some one said you marry all of the family, they can take care of things here for us, and I hope they do, for me will be just a holiday from then on. Guys want to marry or live here first do your research do it well, or come and try for 6 months, find out for your self, we all have storeys to tell but you new to this make your own storey, life can be good or maybe even perfect, but it is not for every one, so try try and try bit more..

she called you in 2014 which i assumed she was 28 yo when she met you in HK? how come 28yo is too young for you? i thought she was younger than 20 yo when you said too young until i read the next sentence

This is all very interesting, but in my opinion there are two concluding absolute truths in all the above conversations:

Greyone48 says   " have not been here long but some of the tales here are too sad. Love hunting is not easy and done best by fools. You aren't going to find love...it will find you.
If you sèek friendship, companionship and even sex you may have better luck. "
And FortuneFavorsTheBold says:   Some foreigners marry Filipinas because they are complete losers who can't find women in their own Country.

Have a good day ...

Maybe someone can explain about this
"Jody" guy?

Seems like he is everywhere.

Hi Bob
I do not think people are loses, and I am sure if they wish they can find  some in their own Country,
they do say there is plenty of fish in the water,  I believe it is more to do with new experiences, more so when we get older and tired of the same life back home, and maybe time to look else way, maybe there is lots of combinations, some which work for us and there some which don't, but it is all good and all part of life, what will life be with out any drama in it ??? boring boring boring and more boring,,I have never set out to Philippines to find who I love now, just happened that I was in Hk and she was from Philippines, I am not sure how will I feel about her if I know what I know now about Philippines and people, I think we all have different views on People here, some are good but some are not, ok you get this in all Countries, but there is more to it, then try to compere them to other Countries, this I do not do and never have done it, they stand alone in the world, good for them I say.
Have i made mistake or not? well it dose not matter after all it is my decision what I was going to do with my life, I was the one who ask her to marry me, so if any one is to blame much it self, this is the same for every one here, that think less of others, we can not go around and blame others for our mistakes, I believe no one had the gun to their heads right, and forced to marry Filipino, you did you did it your self, so suck it up and move on, hey try not to lose to much in a process hahaha

Jeprem Sinha wrote:

Hi am Prem Sinha ,I was using social media from two years and am really want to thank the creator of facebook ,coz by this i have got my true love partener ,at first we were strangers but now we are each others life,we have concerned to our parents about our love ,now we are ready for marriage ,just only some steps away coz right now am doing my graduation first year and after finishing it i will go to her ....so i want to know that what are rules to marry other country

Namaste Prem,

Don't be put off. Yes do video call with her. Even then sometimes there are teamed up with a man to scam people.

If she is married, it is about 200-300,000 pesos to get divorce here.  The people here are very friendly and look after their husbands. But also bear in mind that people here cheat a lot more than India. So just be careful

All the best

This is a local joke about marrying in the Philippines -

- - SCENARIO - - Man asking girlfriend's father for her hand in marriage - -

MAN - Sir, I would like to ask for your blessing for me to marry your daughter (Maria).

FATHER - Are you absolutely sure you are capable to bringing up a family?

MAN - (without hesitation blurted out) YES SIR!!!

FATHER - Well in that case ............ including Maria, there's 9 of us in the family.

@Almejas,   There is no divorce in the Philippines.

Thanks Petersan ....  As you said, there is absolutely no divorce here in the Philippines.   I am sure many here would be jumping for joy if 200,000 bought them a divorce.   So, perhaps Almejas's information source was smoking some funny tobacco when he blurted out that information ...

bob18 wrote:

Thanks Petersan ....  As you said, there is absolutely no divorce here in the Philippines.   I am sure many here would be jumping for joy if 200,000 bought them a divorce.   So, perhaps Almejas's information source was smoking some funny tobacco when he blurted out that information ...

Many view annulment as a divorce, but that is an oversimplication of a potentially very complicated problem.

I think the Phil Congress is trying to come out with a concise divorce law, something that legally acknowledges dissolution of marriage thus allowing re-marriage. At least on the legal side of things.

This would be a good start even if the issue of alimony and/or child support remains to be vague. As the saying goes, get it off the ground and we'll figure it out.

Of course the church will continue to disavow such but at least, the Phils will no longer be the only country without divorce when Congress passes it. With the current Pres. D and his colorful family scenario, it seems like a possibility albeit remote.

I may be wrong about this but technically, annulment does not allow one to remarry in the eyes of the law (Phils).

Annulment basically -
- disassociates responsibility between the couple,
- changes their status to single,
- reinstates respective surnames,
- each gets a CENOMAR,
- they can remarry outside of the Phils.

Divorce would make it legal to remarry under Phil law.

I have seen and I have been to the wedding where Woman got annulment from her X husband, so she can marry her BF at the time, she said she payed 250.000php, for the package,  I am not sure if this is every way in Philippines or just some places, they can be different laws, depend where you live in, what I see the Provinces are like Wiled West use to be, anything goes. no need registration no need for Licence, do as you like,

Simple solution: Do NOT get married!

No she dosent marring me for my money

Well said!

I agree with you Arthas!