Is Invitation Letter mandatory for Brazil Tourist Visa?

Hi All - I am an Indian Citizen living in UK and need Tourist Visa for Brazil. Below are the documents mentioned on https://brazil.visahq.co.uk/requirement … d-kingdom/ site. As you can see they have asked to provide Invitation Letter, I do not understand how can i get an Invitation Letter for Tourism. Do we really need to provide this for Tourist Visa?

a. Brazilian visa application form.
b. Original, signed India passport.
c. Passport-type photograph
d. Proof of Status. Original ILR card.
e. Itinerary. Copy of  round trip tickets or itinerary.
f. Bank Statement.
g. Employment Letter. 
h. Hotel Reservations.
i. Letter of invitation. Letter of invitation has to contain the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation including the address, signature and date.If sent by a citizen of Brazil, the invitation must include a notarized copy of the ID card. If sent by a non-citizen, a copy of the passport including work visa or residence card needs to be included.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I suspect you may get a more appropriate response from our Brazilian Forum; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Prees247,

Your topic is now on the Brazil forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Hello I'm a Razak from Ghana my girlfriend is a Brazilian she want to send me invitation letter but she don't know how to do it please help me

pity there arent any direct flights to Salvador or Recife or Fortaleza ....its so close ....

You will find information HERE.

Inubia wrote:

pity there arent any direct flights to Salvador or Recife or Fortaleza ....its so close ....

I have fun looking this stuff up.  Despite the close proximity, wow, the best flight is like from ACCRA, Ghana, up to Lisbon, Portugal, then back down to Recife. Now that's a triangle for you