OK to leave clothes in a car over the summer in Florida??

Would clothes left in a parked car in Florida over the summer (6 months) suffer in any way, e.g. mold please?

Yes it certainly can get moldy.  Why would you want to do that.

Bob K

Thanks for the feedback.

Because we'd buy a car; spend 6 months in Florida on the visa we have; leave our clothes in the car in storage facility in suitcases & then spend the next 6 months abroad.

MarcusG wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Because we'd buy a car; spend 6 months in Florida on the visa we have; leave our clothes in the car in storage facility in suitcases & then spend the next 6 months abroad.

You might as well throw them in the garbage, they'll probably be unwearable.   If anything, get a separate small climate controlled storage room.

Considering Florida's climate - car and vehicle will be moldy. Climate controlled storage.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Interestingly, a guy who stores RVs & cars reckons that they'll be Ok with the addition of a product:
"Damp Rid or a product we sell called EVA DRY. It is around $20.00 (US) and will keep dampness out. I cannot promise that they will be ok, as there probably have been cases where clothes have gotten mildew, but I haven't seen it [in 22 years!]."

Thoughts folks?

MarcusG wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Interestingly, a guy who stores RVs & cars reckons that they'll be Ok with the addition of a product:
"Damp Rid or a product we sell called EVA DRY. It is around $20.00 (US) and will keep dampness out. I cannot promise that they will be ok, as there probably have been cases where clothes have gotten mildew, but I haven't seen it [in 22 years!]."

Thoughts folks?

Well, as he said, he cannot promise they will be alright.  If you want to trust your FL wardrobe to a $20 product, it's your risk to take. A climate controlled space might start out at $30 a month.

Snake oil :)