Climbing Mt. Apo

Is there anyone here would like to climb Mt. Apo (the highest peak in the Philippines) ?

If anyone is fit enough and interested to bag this peak email me. I plan to climb in April before the Holy Week..

hi female_expat,

i am a member of one mountaineering group in philippines, but i am now in saudi arabia.

don't forget to plan what you bring, expect the worst so you are ready on any obstacle that you face.

shoes is very important in climbing mt apo, get the right shoes which is very comportable to you.

good luck to your climb.

female_expat wrote:

Is there anyone here would like to climb Mt. Apo (the highest peak in the Philippines) ?

If anyone is fit enough and interested to bag this peak email me. I plan to climb in April before the Holy Week..

Ive been to mountains above 18,000 ft. Mt Apo is not even half of that, what's so special with this mountain that everyone thinks its difficult ?

Mountains in California that is above 9000 ft we usually climb it for just a day, even with snow and ice ......

I don't say Mt Apo is difficult to climb but its better to be ready for anything, you can consider the weather in the Philippines also, maybe its more humid compare to California.

If you want more challenging mountain you can try Mt Halcon first which is more challenging than Apo, then Mt Pulag take Akiki Trail going up and down, this have different difficulty taking Akiki Trail Ascend and Descend. Or maybe try Traversing Mt Makiling, you can consider D2 also.

Another challenge in climbing is how fit you are, I can climb and walk for 8 hours carrying 70 ltrs of my backpack I try that when I Traverse Mt Ugo from Nueva Vizcaya to Benguet this will give you more challenge and difficulty on climbing plus test to your endurance, yes I saw a lot of people climbing with porters then that become more easy for them, but I never say you do it just sharing what I saw before.

enjoy life with climbing and seeing the beauty of nature.