Moving to Muscat From Kuwait..

Hi Friends,

I am presently working in Kuwait and now having an offer from Muscat.
Could you clear my below doubts. ?

1. My degree certificate is already attested for Kuwait (10 years ago). The orginal certificate has attestation from Secretariat-TN, External Affairs and Kuwait Embassy. Do i need to attest again for Oman.? Please tell me from where to get those

2. Getting attestation in a Copy is enough or it should be in original certificate. 

3. Can i do medical test for me and my family in Kuwait itself. Please provide link OR details about the approved medical facilities in Kuwait.

4. Is Police Clearance Certificate required

5. I am having a valid Kuwait Driving License (Issued on 2009). It is not having any details about Auto OR Manual type, Mentioned only Light Vehicle purpose. Can i transfer this to Oman license without any kind of test.

Below answers against your queries.

1. My degree certificate is already attested for Kuwait (10 years ago). The orginal certificate has attestation from Secretariat-TN, External Affairs and Kuwait Embassy. Do i need to attest again for Oman.? Please tell me from where to get those

You answered in your question. Your degree was attested for Kuwait and not for Oman. So when you're travelling to Oman, your degree should be attested for Oman as well. This would be based on your new employer's consent.

2. Getting attestation in a Copy is enough or it should be in original certificate.

Attestation is usually done on the original document at the back of the certificate. However, the copies could be attested as well with the original being attached.

3. Can i do medical test for me and my family in Kuwait itself. Please provide link OR details about the approved medical facilities in Kuwait.

Yes, you may do the medical test for yourself and family from Kuwait. Since you're in kuwait, you should know which medical facilities. How can you expect people in Oman to  advice you for the medical test facilities in Kuwait...!!! Google should be your friend for this.

4. Is Police Clearance Certificate required

I believe NO.

5. I am having a valid Kuwait Driving License (Issued on 2009). It is not having any details about Auto OR Manual type, Mentioned only Light Vehicle purpose. Can i transfer this to Oman license without any kind of test.

I really don't know the latest and current procedures of converting a D/L. To the best of my knowledge, you may drive a rent a car based on your kuwait D/L but you may not drive a private car.

Dear Scah
Thank you for your reply. The employer is asking to send the original certificate after attestation. And they are saying this is the common practice for visa clearance. Is it really require to send the original certificate.

MGRAJEESH wrote:

Dear Schaz
Thank you for your reply. The employer is asking to send the original certificate after attestation. And they are saying this is the common practice for visa clearance. Is it really require to send the original certificate.

MGRAJEESH wrote:

Dear Scah

Yes, it is certainly required.

Thank you. I have to, no other options.

Hi Schaz,

I need few more advice for the below,

2. I am a GCC resident at present. The HR saying there is no medical test required for me since i am residing in a GCC country. Is it true?

3. By reading so many threads i understood that getting an admission in an Indian school is very difficult. My daughter is studying in KG-1 now. I want to admit her in KG-2 during 2018 academic year. If i am not getting admission in any Indian schools, what are the options do i have? Is there any small schools available for Kinder Garden which is approved by the government.

4. If i bring my family in visit visa for three months, what is the waiting period to issue family joining visa. Do they have to exit Oman for a long period like 6 months?

Thank you!

I am a GCC resident at present. The HR saying there is no medical test required for me since i am residing in a GCC country. Is it true?

To the best of my knowledge, the medical is required, however ur HR must know better than anyone else as they would be processing your case and nobody else.

3. By reading so many threads i understood that getting an admission in an Indian school is very difficult. My daughter is studying in KG-1 now. I want to admit her in KG-2 during 2018 academic year. If i am not getting admission in any Indian schools, what are the options do i have? Is there any small schools available for Kinder Garden which is approved by the government.

Yes, indeed the admission is a hard nut to crack. There are many kindergardens available (some of them are even better than Indian schools - The british ones). You may consider those. All you need to do is to google the information and you'll see online.

4. If i bring my family in visit visa for three months, what is the waiting period to issue family joining visa. Do they have to exit Oman for a long period like 6 months?

Three months it is in general. Depending on your employer at the end.