Living with my Girlfriend

I have moved to Oman and I looking to see if my girlfriend would be able to live with me.

She is Filipino and I am from the UK.

I know that muslim couples cannot live together without being married, but I am not sure what the rules are for foreigners.

looking to see if my girlfriend would be able to live with me

In a Muslim arab state, you can not live with a female without having a legal relationship. If you're officially married to your girlfriend, you can certainly stay together, however without any legal relation, this is not permitted as per Oman law.

Trust this clarifies. There are a few other detailed posts also in this forum related to your query if you could search a bit.

MovingtoOman wrote:

I have moved to Oman and I looking to see if my girlfriend would be able to live with me.

She is Filipino and I am from the UK.

I know that muslim couples cannot live together without being married, but I am not sure what the rules are for foreigners.

Hi MovingtoOman,

It is not so much a religious issue, as much as it is social.

If your girlfriend is in possession of her valid resident documents (a valid employment visa and a valid resident card), she can well stay with you.

While what schaz has stated is indeed legally correct, there are many expatriates who do live together under the same roof without being married.

As long as your neighbours do not report you to the police, or you do not create a ruckus at home and draw unnecessary attention upon yourself, you can stay well together, go out together, spend time together ...

Thanks for the replies. It basically is not advised i see from the posts. She has her own employment visa and resident card. But when in Rome, live as a Roman

Why not!