Dependent pass processing

My visa stage first has been approved through ESD. Now I want to get the dependent pass for spouse so what is the process? Please explain.

DEPENDANT PASS (DP)
Eligibility criteria:
u Legal spouse of Employment Pass holder; OR
u Children below 18 years old (biological, stepchild, legally adopted)
of Employment Pass holder
u Disabled child regardless of age

Features:
u Allows the holder to stay in West Malaysia
u Employment not allowed and requires conversion to Employment Pass
u For social and welfare purposes, the holder may request for special permission to
undertake activities from the Immigration Department of Malaysia

Documents required:
u Recent passport photo
u Copy of passport (full booklet with cover)
u Copy of marriage certificate (for legal spouse) translated* into English (if applicable) and  attested / Certified True Copy (CTC) by the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General of  respective country OR respective Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General in Malaysia
u Copy of Birth Certificate (for children below 18 years old) translated* into English
(if applicable) and attested / Certified True Copy (CTC) by the Embassy/High Commission/ Consulate General of respective country OR respective Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General in Malaysia
u Other documents specified upon request
* Translation must be done either by the Respective Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate General or Institut Terjemahan Buku Malaysia

Page 24 https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

Hi,

My wife's dependent visa process is on "In IMM: Decision Stage". How many days will it take to get the approval for her to enter Malaysia?

Thank you.

Hi,
As the requirements mentioned above, i would like to know, is it true that during the application process of dependent pass the applicant is not allowed to stay in the respective country e.g Malaysia. Please advice. Thank you.

If you entered Malaysia on a Visa with Reference (VDR) then your spouse would also need to do the same (assuming same nationality). She would therefore need to be outside Malaysia to wait for Approval of the DP and the VDR to be able to collect the VDR.

Hi,
thank you for your info on vdr. I am insonesian currently working in jb. I want to bring my family along with me. Can you please provide the complete flows of the process. As for now i am not pretty sure about the process. Please help. Thank you.

Ask your employer if they are willing to process the DPs or whether you need to find an agent (they should recommend one if necessary)

You can find the paperwork required in this guide P.24: https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/tc-es … 180312.pdf  Annex D is also useful

One thought. If your children are over 6/7 years of age and will attend an international school, I believe new rules require a Student Visa and not a DP. Health Insurance is also now mandatory to obtain a Student Visa.

A Category I or II Employment Pass is required to have dependent visas (i.e. salary RM5000 per month or over).

Dear,
under the same company you have to apply for your dependent.
For this you need the following documents:-
1) Full passport of applicant with cover page.
2) Marriage certificate Attested by your Embassy
3) Birth certificate
4) Passport size picture with light blue background.

I also did for others and me too.

Thanks.

I have come to Malaysia with employment pass, now I got the second stage also processed... I would like to apply for a dependent pass for my wife.. for that i have done the below documentations.

1. Got the marriage Certificate attested from Indian Embassy ,KL

Now, can anyone please let me know , approximately how many days will it take to process the first stage of Dependent VISA?

I have submitted the below documents to my employer.

1. Full Pages of my passport
2. full pages of wife's passport.
3. Attested marriage Certificate.
4. Recent passport size photo.

Any other documents are required?

Please let me know the over all time it may take, also for each stages.

Thanks

Rabeesh, about Certified True Copy (CTC), unless your wife is in your passport already, I think its a requirement that your marriage certificate is CTC by Indian authorities.

The document list etc. is found in this guide:

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/tc-es … 180312.pdf

The timing for approval is completely unknown lately because all immigration processes are under development. It used to be about 20 working days to get Stage 1 and the Single Entry Visa (VDR) approval completed.  Then about 5-7 working days in India, to get the stamping of the VDR (visa with reference) by the Malaysia High Commission or Consulate (Chennai, Delhi or Mumbai)

http://www.vfsglobal.com/malaysia/india/wrf.html

Thanks alot..

yeah, My name is there as spouse name in Wife's passport.. I got the CTC from Indian embassy KL. I will wait for the updates from my employer :-)

Hi Gravitas,

I am from Pakistan. I got Job offer from Malaysia and my Employer have submitted my EP on 28th Sept 2018 but we all are still waiting for its approval. I am worried now as I heard someone got his EP in 12th working day and one I knew she got her EP in 9th working days.

Mine this is 16th working days since my employer submitted my EP. It is still pending. anybody know why it is taking much time?

A lot depends on the sector people work in. The first step is getting sectoral approval and only then does immigration get the file.

Gravitas,

In pending status, is this meant there is something wrong or does it mean it is not processed?

There are two possible scenarios.

1. The new government is revising protocols and so a lot of applications may be waiting as Departments are also moving offices etc.

2. In the past, PENDING meant the application is not yet complete i.e. something is missing from the paperwork. This could be a number of items including the company's incorporation papers and also sectoral approval.

Both would mean the application is on hold.

Thanks Gravitas.

My employer just went through with the same process with my friend and she got EP. So it looks there will be nothing regarding missing items in my EP.

My employer said they took 14 to 21 working days. Not more than 21 days. They are saying we have to wait 1 week more.

I saw in other posts that it takes 3 to 4 weeks. So is there some positive thought?

Regards,
Zeshan

Every submission is on a case by case basis so its not really useful to compare to another applicant as they may, for example, have a clearer cut qualification for an EP. Sometimes years of experience is a make or break situation.

What nationality was the other applicant?  Some nationals have a much more complex process in that they need security clearance and a visa with reference (VDR) single entry approval. Those steps mean the process takes longer.

The usual ESD remark is "the application is successful and pending for pass approval" when the application has been received and is being processed.

Same national 'Pakistan'. and almost same years of experiences thats why I was comparing with her.

Yes my Employer said its still pending status.

Kindly let me know, how long usually EP process takes?

There is no real answer to your question. It takes however long immigration want to reach a decision. I assume the jobs are both the same and in the same Category i.e. 1 or  2

Yes. All same.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for your time. Actually, I will get letter from MDEC. I saw your messages on other posts that 3-4 weeks usually it takes. how do you know this? if this is logical then this is my 4th week since submitted my EP.

i think MDEC deals with IT jobs. Any idea now, is there anything happening in MDEC office/officers that could be a reason of delaying decision.

if there are two status usually 'the application is successful and pending for pass approval' so it means pending status is normal as after reviewing my EP I hope next status would be 'the application is successful'.  Actually I am worried now.

Ultimately whether applications are via MDEC or ESD they end up in the Immigration Dept.

Nothing much to do than wait for the outcome.

You should be aware that before the VAL (visa approval letter) is issued the VDR has to be approved. This is why applications take different times as there can be queues in the particular teams handling VDR processing.

Rejections usually come pretty swiftly so probably your process is just ongoing waiting for the various ministries to conclude their responsibilities.

At times there are backups due to public holidays etc. So it's impossible to predict exact time scales. For example back in May there was a change in government followed by Ramadan and Eid. This led to extended processing. So the employer really doesn't have any control over the time it takes nor can they predict when approval will be given.

This forum is quite a good measure of delays as everyone starts posting once their expectations are not met. There used to be a statement that immigration will approve within 4 days of receiving complete application. What that really means is after they have confirmation the VDR if required has been approved.

Even after getting the VAL there is still additional time required for you to get the VDR stamped in your passport in your home country before departing for Malaysia.

Employers are used to the intracacies of hiring foreigners so they have nerves of steel.

Thanks Gravitas for all the information you shared. I got MDEC letter approved today. It took 16 workings days to be processed in my case.

You were right even similarities of applications there are differences in time in getting letter.

Great news.

Congrats !!!

I am waiting for the Approval letter for my wife's dependent visa.. hope that ll come soon

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to track the Dependent Pass application status?

Could you please help me with that?

Thanks
Rabs

Hello Gravitas,

Employer has applied for the dependent visa, i called Mdec and confirmed the same. Now the status is showing as approved in immigration website. Any idea, how many more days it may take to get the approval letter from mdec?