Visiting to research Medellin areas this early Dec. 2017

Hello to everyone - I am hoping to contact mainly senior expats living in the Medellin areas for guidance and advice, prior to my first visit there this Dec.

I now live in San Diego, CA.  Lived in Argentina 6 years producing fine wine and selling internationally.  Have visited for business/pleasure 11 countries over the past 40 years, mas o menos.  Love life and all it has to offer!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously considering Medellin area for long term "life".  Am 71, love tennis/golf biking, hiking, etc. etc.

Also, exploring the country I will live in. 

I am hoping to contact, now via this site, my email, etc.,  some expats in the Medellin area that will help with my many questions and maybe meet with me while I am there (free lunch for anyone who might have the time to casually get together during my "research visit" there this Dec.).

Is there anyone out there willing to correspond and assist me?????

tcwine,  just ask your questions in a post and see if anyone responds.  Most people are willing to help but the purpose of the forum is to post and answer questions so that all who read them might benefit.

You can also try this forum, it can be helpful as it has many knowledgeable and sometimes quite opinionated expat posters:
http://www.expatexchange.com/colombia/l … ombia.html

tcwine,

I am in the same process myself.
I will be arriving in Medellin on November 22 and will be there in December, if you buy first lunch I will buy second one.

In the mean time go see this web site, it full of very good information about Medellin:

https://medellinliving.com

I will contact you win private!

I live in Envigado. I can meet with you for coffee. Lunch isn't necessary.

Fred Weller

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I'm a senior . My wife and I retired 5 years ago to Medellin. It's been a great retirement and I would be more then happy to advise you. You can contact me at [email protected]   My name is Jesse.

contact me at ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I'll be contacting you shortly
Jesse

Hi and thanks...with your permission,I will be reaching  you too, for getting some advice about relocating from Florida(USA) to Medellin whiich I have twice.I'll be 64 inFeb. and I will be moving on myself(my wife passed couple of years ago).My intention is to meet as many members of this forum as possible.Be well...

Your welcome to contact me and I will be happy to advise you.

Just send me an email. ***  I will keep an eye on my email and contact you as quick as possible. I never heard from the first poster , hope he reaches out .

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Guys,

I am arriving in Medellin in a couple on days, i.e. on Wednesday November 23rd and planning to stay for a good while (a couple of months or so) to explore the city and surroundings.

If anyone is interested to meet while on visit to Medellin to exchange about our mutual findings please contact me in private through this site.

Cheers!

Hello, I live in Medellin some months every year, and I have a house there. If you need help to find apartment or to speak about how to have a financial easy life in Medellin, you can wright me to: ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you very much LoriaM.It is wonderful to still find people that do not look for their personal well being but for others looking for better oportunities in life.