Any Non-salespeople on this Blog?

I'm not exactly sure what blog means, but I do know it's not, Trying to sell a book, video, or timeshare. Is there Anyone out there that can give a "Simple Person" some simple advice? If so, please contact Me.  I'm mostly concerned about rent rates for homes. I selected 10 RE/Ret. sites at random and the average monthly rental for a home is $1200.00 a month. I'm traveling to South America in September, Costa Rica, Panama, and Ecuador. If You are a Real Person, Living in Panama, Please contact Me. Thank You. Kris

Hi and welcome on the forum Kris!

I'm pretty sure rent rates will depend on the country and area! Maybe you could be more precise on the regions you are looking for so that other members can advise you accordingly!

Regards
Armand

Armand,
Sorry, what I am looking for is a small home, in a decent area. I have a Dog. I don't party. I love the outdoors. Panama seems like the best place as far as I have researched,simply due to the retirement visa available. There is one major "thing" that I need to work out about moving to Panama. Costa Rica is appealing but the cost of living there seems to be rising at a fast pace. Ecuador is also a consideration, however it seems that they are lacking Infastructer. Please understand, I have been to Central America many times, but it's been many years. "Culture Shock" is NOT going to be a problem. Thanks for Your reply. Kris

Hello,
Did u find a place to rent...??
Kathy

Hi there .
Are you a city dweller - beach bum or mountain climber or farmer? How much determines  where you want to live. I find Pty city ridiculously expensive. I will venture to the other areas and see what you can get for your Buck . I see puerto armulles like a lovely spot for a modest income. I see homes range from $200-1000 a month in rent very close to beach - BUT developers will ruin that soon because the just obtained a huge plat of land and building homes at $789,000.  Only rich expats will have the nice spots in Panama.  They already ruined bocas del Toto and Costa Rica.  So best bet is spend some time and go around.  My style home May be too meager for your taste?

sent 2 previous messages ,, when are you arriving ?be happy to send you information my property ,, would you be interested in operating a camp ground in panama ??

This is a thread from 8 years ago.....

Sure

Hi krisda99, good to see u are still around,,!!  Is kristda4, is that you..?? Lol. It had no
Picture.

Hello Kathy,

I am sorry that I have not sent you a follow-up about my search for house rentals.

I have sent you a direct email to your gmail account.

I did find a house.  It is in Cerro Azul and I am enjoying the cooler temperatures.

Please stay in touch... I would like to get together.  And, if there is ever a time when you could use my help, please let me know.

Best regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,
I am glad things worked out for you.  I hear the cerro azul, is quite a tight group
Of expats, so I am wondering if you heard of Andrea, a Cdn.?  My husband and I would
Like to visit the area.  We tried once but were turned away at melo, because we had
No invite from the people that live there nor did we have a residence there.
Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Yes, there is a Cerro Azul private area that has a gate with guards that stop every car and you either have to be a resident or you have to be visiting a resident.

My private community (El Pinar) is also gated (but, without guards) and you need a remote control to open the gate; but, it is a completely different association than the one you tried to enter.

I have only met a few residents.  The name you mentioned does not match any residents that I have met.  And, none of the residents whom I have met are Expats from Canada nor the US.

I look forward to meeting you.

Best regards,
Robert