Retirement Visa

Hello all

Has anyone applied for the new retirement visa yet ? Or does anyone know what the requirement is ? I am a British citizen and over retirement age. Any information would be useful.

Many thanks
Roger

Hello Roger.

An ER (retirement) extension of stay will be granted to people over the age of 55, with no proof of retirement, and to retired people under 55, who have to proof their retirement status.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi Joe

Many thanks for your reply - most useful.

Regards
Roger

:thanks:

Could anybody recommend a reliable Travel agency in Siem Reap who can assist to change my existing business visa to Retirement Visa?
Thanks

All expats use travel agencies, so why don't you ask a local expat, or a few expats?

They will tell you exactly who is the best.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expat--advisor
Expat.com team

I always go to Ocean View, it's on Savitha rd. no. 14. It's a close to Old Market. Good service and friendly staff.

Does anyone know the cost of a one year retirement visa and if it is a multiple entry visa ?

Also I have read that the Cambodian Government will charge you tax on any pension payments coming into the country - is there any truth in this ?

Many thanks
Roger

It is a multiple entry visa and cost about $280-$300 (depend of the fee from your travel agent) I live here for years on a pension and has never paid any taxes. The only taxes I have to pay is over the interest from my Cambodian bank account.

Hello Roger.

The 1-year retirement extension of stay costs $290, but some agents might charge a bit more.

To your second question: there is no intention to tax pension income, but that can change in the future.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Thank you for your replies 'Sidewalker' and 'JoeKhmer' very helpful.

Regards
Roger

Thanks, Are this Ocean view Tours and Travels make Retirement Visa?

I never applied by Ocean View for a Retirement Visa , always for a EB visa. Due the new regulations I will apply next year for a Retirement Visa there, I think it's no problem.

Joe has it bob on. I just went to travel agent and said I wanted a retirement visa and got it - no problem.

petercambo wrote:

Joe has it bob on. I just went to travel agent and said I wanted a retirement visa and got it - no problem.

Great Pedro, congrats.

One question: are you over 55 or under? (If you find that too personal on this forum, send me a pm).
It's important as there is no clear idea about the requirements for people under 55.

Thanks.

Joe

Hi Roger,

I am right in the middle of it now. Here is how it goes in my mind anyway. I arrived and was issued with a Tourist Visa (TI) even after requesting an Ordinary Visa (EI). So a quick trip to Koh Kong from PP and I had my EI Visa. Now I needed a original copy of my financial status  which I had but only in electronic form. So after running through the hoops I this morning asked my contact in Oz to snail mail me documents needed for the Visa extension and to prove my retirement status. So after a visit to the Australian Embassy to have the documentation certified then it will be submitted for the multi entry 12 month extension.  I believe that had I arrived here 3 months ago then all this would not have been necessary but we cannot expect Cambodia to support people who just want to retire here and not contribute.

Anyway, good luck with your quest

Cheers
Richard

Hello Richard.

I guess you're under 55 years of age?

As over 55 you don't need proof of retirement.

Three months ago it would have been the same, as the retirement extension of stay came in effect in September last year.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Actually I'm 61 and if you have a reference I can use then I would appreciate it. I'm currently in PP and getting a big run around from OZ embassy and visa intermediaries.

Cheers
Rick

I think Lucky Lucky is the best one. Others often confuse with requirements.

Here is Sihanoukville are two competent agencies and they apply for retirement over 55 with no docs required, only under 55 proof is needed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Joe

http://kh8826.yp.com.kh/

Hi Joe,

Do you have contact details for Lucky Lucky. I am in PP and hoping that you have the best information. Not doubting you but I have been let down a few times of late. Anyway my email is **.  Looking forward to getting this little issue solved.

Cheers
Rick
P.S. Sorry Joe, I just saw the post above.  :)

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please send your email contact through your private message system.

Hi Rick.

After posting I realized you might ask where the agent is located, so I googled and copied/pasted the link.

Good you found it. Now good luck with the extension.

Joe

I got it in Kampot over travelagent:  Meta's Visa & Pasport Service, in the old market.
No documents needed because I am over 55.

Hello Roger.

If you are over 55 you get a ER  (Retirement) extension of stay (EOS) without requirement of any documents.

If you came in on a E visa (not the tourist visa) you can extend within 30 days and choose for how long: 1 and 3 months are single entry, 6 and 12 months are multiple entry.

Go to a reliable agent, they will take care of it. Take photos, passport and money with you.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team