Opening a business as Foreigner in Arugam Bay

Hi All,

I am hoping to open a business in the service industry in arugam bay before the start of the next peak season (april/may) and am seeking assistance/answers on any of the following items:

Does anyone know the best way to see what land is for sale/lease in that area - it seems like there is no online advertisements for leases/sales on the web (more just sign in the ground on site)

What is the latest when is comes to buying/leasing land?

The business will come under 100k USD so do i need to partner with a local for this business ?

Does anyone know if there is mafia or similar in that area that you may need to pay off to open business as a expat?

Does anyone have an estimate on what a yearly lease for 20ish perchers may be in the main part of town in arugam bay?

Can anyone give me a construction estimate for building from scratch for a 150ish square metre (5 to 10 perchers in size) 1 story property (fully fitted out, tiled, basic interior, doors, electrical and plumbing)

Any hot tips for starting business as a foreigner in small isolated towns, such as arugam bay.

estimate on staffing cost for someone semi skilled working in the service industry for a 6 month position. where do you advertise to find staff to work for you!

any contacts for lawyers/small business consultants/start up assistance/property experts as well!

what visa i should be looking into?

so greatly appreciated!

kane

Hi

as far as I am concern you cannot own a land unless you go through a company where there is a srilankan.

I know of a person whom you could get the details he is Lasith Makalanda **** and email ***

He will brief you about staffing construction and authority approvals etc.

Thank you

Priyaji

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : For the security of this person, you should exchange his contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Construction cost
Economy - 280 USD per square meter
Semi Luxury - 350 USD per square meter
Luxury - 420 USD per square meter

My good name is Farhan I'm a BSc Construction Project Manager and from eastern province, I can answer your all questions?

Contact Me: Check your inbox

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.

I am interested in partnering you for this project, if you require. I am an ex sri lankan living in Australia. Ken

Reason : Advertising is not allowed.

hi there,

i wouldn't t say there is mafia, only some corruption... better to keep good relationships with all communities: muslims, tamils and singhalas... to know an high ranked officer is a plus...

regards
Arnaud G (France)

Reason : Please post your offer in the Housing section