Visitor visa (subclass 600) itinerary requirement?

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and nice to talk to you :).

On to my story, I met a friend and she wanted to go to Sydney with me. She holds correct Australia visitor visa, and normally she would go to Australia with a return flight. But this time she hasnt decide on her return date, so my question is can a visitor with subclass 600 go to Australia without a return flight?

Thanks in advance

If she already hold a valid visa then it should not be a problem

But if the visa is being applied then yes, a return flight ticket is required

It might depend on what country you are flying from.  Some countries insist you have a return flight before allowing you to board the plane.

If you can fly with a one way ticket, then, on arrival in Australia, the situation will be evaluated by immigration officers.  They have the final decision on whether to allow you in, even if you have a pre-arranged visa. 

If a person has sufficient funds for living and to pay for a return flight, it lends extra weight to being allowed entry.

A ticket with option to change dates is a common option.

ABCDiamond wrote:

It might depend on what country you are flying from.  Some countries insist you have a return flight before allowing you to board the plane.

If you can fly with a one way ticket, then, on arrival in Australia, the situation will be evaluated by immigration officers.  They have the final decision on whether to allow you in, even if you have a pre-arranged visa. 

If a person has sufficient funds for living and to pay for a return flight, it lends extra weight to being allowed entry.

A ticket with option to change dates is a common option.

Agree! Normally in Subclass 600, it doesn't need to have a return ticket but you will need to convince the authorities that you can buy a return ticket like providing a proof. However, I suggest getting a return ticket. I have read somewhere in the other forum that some travelers had issues because of it. You can visit the Official Australian Government site https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/ or any third-party like this one https://www.travelvisaaustralia.com.au/en/visitor-visa/ for much reliable info.

easy.eagle wrote:

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and nice to talk to you :).

On to my story, I met a friend and she wanted to go to Sydney with me. She holds correct Australia visitor visa, and normally she would go to Australia with a return flight. But this time she hasnt decide on her return date, so my question is can a visitor with subclass 600 go to Australia without a return flight?

Thanks in advance

Since your friend is a holder of Visitor Visa – subclass 600, she can book for a return flight later. She has to meet the expectations of officers at the border after arriving in Australia.

One of them being that she has to carry a copy of a bank statement to demonstrate that she has sufficient funds to purchase an airline ticket. This ticket comes handy the moment she departs Australia before her visa expires.