Keeping in touch while living in Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone,

What are the best ways you've found for keeping in touch with friends and family back home while living in Saudi Arabia? How frequently do you stay in touch with loved ones?

Are there local equivalents to common instant messaging and online video calling services that you prefer or are more widely used?

If there is a sizeable time difference, how do you manage this?

Do you make international phone calls from a landline or mobile phone from Saudi Arabia? What do you think of the cost?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

IMO n whatsapp

Skype,Line and Tango is also an option for instant messaging and online video calling services.

Yeah I always o contact them using ..IMO,BBM Whatsapp and even Facebook

Hi Priscilla,

You can use IMO, whatsapp call, tango. However, if you use VPN, all these social media video communication will be clear

Through whatsapp with vpn

Dear,

Skype will work, if you use VPN Master.
Duo is also ok to make a call, not sure if video calls works.

The best option is to live in Bahrain

After 5:00 P.M, i am always online and time to time asking about their well being and activities. F.B messenger is the best tool to be in touch with your loved ones. Also IMO.

I use Whatsapp for instant messaging back and forth daily. Always call via Facebook once a day (sometimes by phone - mobile to mobile - if circumstances dictate)

i think social media applications in smart phones make the connection more easy than before , there are more common  free applications such as facebook , whatsapp, instgram ,viber and twitter all these we can connect with us with voice or video and share some quotes or thoughts.
but in my opinion this  methods  don't instead of  the real and natural connection and relationships.

Imo & skype & whatsup are best

i use imo application for connecting with my family in the Philippines,and also messenger to chat with them..i thank i can used my messenger video call now here in saudi..

As my little knowledge about the telecom network you can make subscription in data mobile package for example you can subscribe with STC to collect 6 GB and 600 min over network 55 S.R/month. So you can choose any network whatever you want to see more promotions that to satisfy what you need, and finally you can use to many applications to keep in touch with your family. There is a list below 🙂
1- Facebook massenger.
2- WhatsApp.
3- snapchat.
4- IMO.
5- line.
all these Apps are free, good luck

Hai friends.i just always use Imo and wtsup

WhatsApp through VPN

to call back home, UK, I use all the usual social media mentionned above (Whatsapp, Imo, Messenger, Skype, etc but there is Voip and It's really cheap for phone calls back to the UK.