Keeping in touch while living in Jordan

Hello everyone,

What are the best ways you've found for keeping in touch with friends and family back home while living in Jordan? How frequently do you stay in touch with loved ones?

Are there local equivalents to common instant messaging and online video calling services that you prefer or are more widely used?

If there is a sizeable time difference, how do you manage this?

Do you make international phone calls from a landline or mobile phone from Jordan? What do you think of the cost?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

hello dear
always we keep on touch with family by phone calls and online connection ,
we can use the skype calls , the internet cheapest here
all my calls by the internet ,

Dear my friend I use mobile program for calling .it I s free calling .but you must have _4g connection.

*** I'm ready if any help.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

You asked:  How do I keep in touch with family and friends while in Jordan?  Here's the list. 
Whatsapp
FaceTime
And I go back home for 4 months out of the year.  For me it's the only way.  I'm in touch with my family all the time.  Good internet is a must.

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

What are the best ways you've found for keeping in touch with friends and family back home while living in Jordan? How frequently do you stay in touch with loved ones?

Are there local equivalents to common instant messaging and online video calling services that you prefer or are more widely used?

If there is a sizeable time difference, how do you manage this?

Do you make international phone calls from a landline or mobile phone from Jordan? What do you think of the cost?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello Priscilla ,

To answer your post ,
The best way to keep in touch from years ago till now has been whatsapp and FB massenger which I prefer mostly . I used to use Viber but not anymore coz it does not work well in some coutries ,so instead I use imo app sometimes when the the connection is very bad with massenger just as back up app . Also I use Instagram to text some of my friends .
But I try stay  in touch with my family and my  close friends as much as I can though I'm not good  in keeping in contact using social media apps .i just hate the hussle that comes with it and the misunderstanding that sometimes happen .

the time difference is a fact ,but I think we should try to find at least one time to adjust our time with the other person and find when they are free or we free ourselves ,so we can talk to if we are sung video or audio calls ,but when it come to texting I don't see it's a problem to text your family or friends anytime .

International calls or sms  are only on when there is no other way to contact , why you want to spend money if you can talk for free on Internet ,and mostly using mobile is better than landline as all you need is to charge your mobile with enough credits and make the call . It's cheaper I think than receiving a shocking bill .

I hope this helps ,thank you in advance .
Peace and blessings .