Renewal of student permesso in Italy while switching to a new school

Hello,
Im really hoping someone is able to answer my question because neither immigration office nor school administration were not able to.
I am a US citizen and a student in Florence and my permesso is about to expire. I have been enrolled in a dual program with two schools my first year. but now I am switching to only one of the original schools full time and hoping to renew my permesso. the school I am staying with is not indicated in my student permesso paperwork. am I going to be able to renew my permesso or do I have to go back to USA to obtain a new student visa?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide me with!

1st of all have been enroled or not yet ? the university understands this problem of permession in my case for example they asked me send them the new permission after arriving . I don't know about private schools , in any case you would receive your permission but it takes time . I guess the school will understand the situation

Hello Nata05,

Have you been able to figure out a solution for this? In some schools like mine, The international student desk seems to know how to help for exchange students.
I am in a sticky position as well.. I am trying to defer my 1 year course to next year and wondering if I can still legally stay in Italy as I already have( student visa for 1 year) and I will get my permisso soon!! But from what I read renewing permisso is a mess!! 
I apologize that I dont have any answers for you but your situation might help mine :(

So please let me know if you have more information.

Thanks & Regards

hi there,
my situation a bit different. i have finished my first year with a different school. and now because i have signed up with a new school, i have to get a new student visa. my permesso can't be renewed as it's valid only if i stay with the same school.

Hi All,
Can you tell me if you were able to renew your residence permission without going to your country and applying for a new visa? I have the same problem now and am really desperate.
Thanks in advance.
Hello Hedieh Zakeri,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

As you should have noticed, this thread has been inactive since 2017.

I suggest you start a new thread on the Florence forum to ask your question.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Closed