Arab men can marry a filipina women??

I am filipina, and i had relationship with arab guy, he is saudi man and married man, but he is willing to divorce his wife just for me. But i dont want,.. he propose me and give a ring,. And he is always insist the wedding and he want to marry me here in saudi and marry also in the philippines he try to call the office of muslim affairs in philippine to ask about the document and papers,. what should i do?? Arab men can marry a filipina women?? I love him so much,.

He needs to apply for the permission in their government (Saudi).

Jojo1818 wrote:

I am filipina, and i had relationship with arab guy, he is saudi man and married man, but he is willing to divorce his wife just for me. But i dont want,.. he propose me and give a ring,. And he is always insist the wedding and he want to marry me here in saudi and marry also in the philippines he try to call the office of muslim affairs in philippine to ask about the document and papers,. what should i do?? Arab men can marry a filipina women?? I love him so much,.

Saudi man/woman can marry non-saudi as long as they get the marriage permission from their government.

Yes, he can

Jojo1818 wrote:

By the way, Office of Muslim Affairs in Philippines is the least of his concern because his first step should be how to apply for the permission in Saudi government so he can legally marry you.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post in English only.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Jojo1818 wrote:

The first step he needs to do is to apply in Amarah (governor) . Once he have the approval, then he can legally marry you there in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

These are the documents that are needed:
First, he should write a letter stating why he wants to marry a non Saudi.  Together with that letter, he should attach copies of his birth certificate, passport, family card, national ID, certificate of singleness or if married before, any death/divorce certificates, If the applicant is divorced, at least two years should have passed following the separation before he applies to marry a foreigner, and in case he is married with a Saudi woman and wants a foreigner as a second wife, he must produce a certificate from a public or private hospital stating that his first wife is unable to assume all her marital responsibilities or is infertile. The certificate must be endorsed by the ministry of health.

As for your side, these are the papers he should submit together with his. Permission of your guardian (Parental Consent from your father, notarized, sent to Regional Trial Court, authenticated in DFA and The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia).  If you converted to Muslim, he should attach your conversion certificate, a copy of your passport and visa, and Certificate of Singleness (CENOMAR) from NSO.

All he have to do is wait for an SMS from the Amarah (governor's office) for any update.  The next message is requiring to do blood test (pre-marriage screening).
Then he will go to any accredited hospitals to have his blood test done for marriage and once the results are out, he should submit the medical certificate.
Though I am not sure whether both of you will do the pre-marriage screening at the same time or he will be the first one to do it.  He can ask the Amarah for any inquiries both of you have.

All the best!

rimperial wrote:
Jojo1818 wrote:

The first step he needs to do is to apply in Amarah (governor) . Once he have the approval, then he can legally marry you there in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

First, he should write a letter stating why he wants to marry a non Saudi.  Together with that letter, he should attach copies of his birth certificate, passport, family card, national ID, certificate of singleness or if married before, any death/divorce certificates, If the applicant is divorced, at least two years should have passed following the separation before he applies to marry a foreigner, and in case he is married with a Saudi woman and wants a foreigner as a second wife, he must produce a certificate from a public or private hospital stating that his first wife is unable to assume all her marital responsibilities or is infertile. The certificate must be endorsed by the ministry of health.

As for your side, these are the papers he should submit together with his. Permission of your guardian (Parental Consent from your father, notarized, sent to Regional Trial Court, authenticated in DFA and The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia).  If you converted to Muslim, he should attach your conversion certificate, a copy of your passport and visa, and Certificate of Singleness (CENOMAR) from NSO.

All he have to do is wait for an SMS from the Amarah (governor's office) for any update.  The next message is requiring to do blood test (pre-marriage screening).
Then he will go to any accredited hospitals to have his blood test done for marriage and once the results are out, he should submit the medical certificate.
Though I am not sure whether both of you will do the pre-marriage screening at the same time or he will be the first one to do it.  He can ask the Amarah for any inquiries both of you have.

All the best!

I guess there is no standard way of applying because my husband's process is different from yours.

When my husband applied, he didnt have to provide any papers from my side to be submitted with his. He applied from the Emarah submitting a letter stating why he wants to marry a woman from Philippines, copy of his national id and salary certificate (if private office/company, he needs to have it stamped at Chamber of Commerce, if government—no need for the stamp). Upon receiving his application, they will give him file number that he will use in reference to follow it up. They also sent him an SMS to confirm that they received his application and also stated the file number of it.

When it was approved, he was asked to go to Foreign Affairs in Riyadh to get my visa application number that they forwarded to Saudi Embassy in Manila. Only then that asked to provide papers on my side. They asked for the Parental Consent of my father stating that he is allowing me to travel with my husband, marriage certificate from NSO duy notarized/red ribbon from Department of Foreign Affairs, medical tests from the accredited clinics of the embassy, NBI clearance, certificate from Office of Muslim Affairs (since I am Muslim), and if you are divorced/annuled from a previous marriage then you must provide Decree of Annulment or Finality of Divorce, otherwise then provide the CENOMAR.

That's the time they asked for my passport and proceed to have my visa as a wife of Saudi National stamped.

zawja wrote:
rimperial wrote:
Jojo1818 wrote:

All the best!

I guess there is no standard way of applying because my husband's process is different from yours.

When my husband applied, he didnt have to provide any papers from my side to be submitted with his. He applied from the Emarah submitting a letter stating why he wants to marry a woman from Philippines, copy of his national id and salary certificate (if private office/company, he needs to have it stamped at Chamber of Commerce, if government—no need for the stamp). Upon receiving his application, they will give him file number that he will use in reference to follow it up. They also sent him an SMS to confirm that they received his application and also stated the file number of it.

When it was approved, he was asked to go to Foreign Affairs in Riyadh to get my visa application number that they forwarded to Saudi Embassy in Manila. Only then that asked to provide papers on my side. They asked for the Parental Consent of my father stating that he is allowing me to travel with my husband, marriage certificate from NSO duy notarized/red ribbon from Department of Foreign Affairs, medical tests from the accredited clinics of the embassy, NBI clearance, certificate from Office of Muslim Affairs (since I am Muslim), and if you are divorced/annuled from a previous marriage then you must provide Decree of Annulment or Finality of Divorce, otherwise then provide the CENOMAR.

That's the time they asked for my passport and proceed to have my visa as a wife of Saudi National stamped.

Indeed there is a difference.  So the best thing for them to do is let the Saudi man go to Amarah and bring the documents (better to bring hers so that if ever they will ask, he can give them instantly rather than going back again) and from there he will know what is the next step.

All the best!

I have a friend same problem as yours. But, she is still not annulled and not yet divorced in the philippines? But she already converted prior to her arrival here. Only a certificate was done here. Can she and her saudi man marry?

ninzkie wrote:

I have a friend same problem as yours. But, she is still not annulled and not yet divorced in the philippines? But she already converted prior to her arrival here. Only a certificate was done here. Can she and her saudi man marry?

She must be legally divorced or annulled first. She got married before she became a Muslim so she is still married legally. There is divorce if she married under shariah court in philippines but if not, she must secure the divorce or annulment to dissolve her marriage done in civil court in philippines. Besides as a Muslim, it not allowed to marry someone who is considered married and a woman cannot marry twice at the same time.

Im a filipina and married in a Saudi national. Im living now in here in Saudi, in this case He should first meet the embassy of Saudi Arabia to asked for a certification which is before the embassy issued it, He should be qualified for getting married to other country. Then you and him will go to the embassy of Saudi to informed them that you are the girl he wants to marry after the embassy approved the two things, you can get married.After that you will come again to embassy together for some requirements, medical they should know if you dont have husband before him, nbi clearance, certificate of singleness, birthcert., your Wali meaning the eldest man who taking care of you (birh certificate, if youre still not 23years above you need a letter signed by the Wali should have stamp from attorney, 2x2pictures, if youre muslim born certificate of tribalship

My saudian boyfriend wants to marry me in Philippines may I know what are his requirements? Thank you

Jbjbj wrote:

My saudian boyfriend wants to marry me in Philippines may I know what are his requirements? Thank you

I think it's best that you inquire in Philippines. It depends I guess if you are going to get married in Civil Courts or Shariah Court.

Please be noted though that getting married in Philippines or any other country to a Saudi without marriage permission from their government doesn't mean it is legal in Saudi Arabia.

Good luck!

Thank you so much dear..good day!

What is the minimum age requirement of saudi man to marry foreigner?

with the new marriage law in KSA, man should be at age of 40 as a minimum to be able to marry foreigner. hope that helps

good day ! I am  from philippines I was married but we're separated.. now I have bf from Egypt work also here in riyadh he wants to marry me.. what is the requirements ?
your reply is my gratitude ! thank you !

Hello, we married in the Civil Court, we were asked only for valid Iqama, and permission letter from your sponsor, and certificate that you shifted to islam.
then you can go together with two witnesses to the court.
Wish you good luck

where exactly you did it ?

Following

Is there any age requirement? Like what I've heard from my friends?

Hi I am a single Filipina and I have  a single saudi boyfriend. We plan to get married. Is it possible? Someone has any idea of this.?

Dear,

First things both of you must be Muslim to get married in Saudi Arabia.
If you are Christian then forget to have legal married.
Second Saudi Man need permission for GOVT.
Third He no need to divorce his wife.
Fourth He can marry to 4 women as long as He can give them equal rights.
After married your kids will be Saudi Nation and you will not get nationality at all.

Final advice, think thousands time before marrying a Saudi Man even he promise you under the GOD shadow. God bless you sister.

Don't be get fool by anyone here in Saudi Arabia, unless you have same religion.

Dear All,

For your kind information, don't get fool by anyone in Saudi Arabia, by any nationality even, because unless you are both not Muslim, way to get legal married, so don't go with any fake promises. Open your brain before you open your heart.
After all having same Muslim religion still not that easy to get legal married.

I'm strongly agree with you. We should guard our heart above else. we, filipinos should be vigilant in choosing. We should consider these factors: are we ready to adopt the new lifestyle? Do we really know them deaply and surely? and, are we surely ready to give out what we truelly believes and to absorb the new principles as what saudi believes? I hope anyone who have understanding will consider the very small voice that tells the truth and tells the way to a sure happiness. I will not make it any longer but i just want you, even just for a seconds. To ask our GOD, through JESUS... the right way that will lead you to happiness...
Don't worry God will provide for answers.

Good day every one!
I am a Filipino, single, pure Catholic work in Saudi Arabia as a DH, my contact will be end this coming Nov. I want to ask about the legality of merriage in Saudi Arabia? My employer have a son he wants we get merried, I know it's impossible cause we have a long gap of age, I heard from them that they process all my documents to become legal even without my permission, I heard also that I am already merried is that possible? And I ask also the legality of my contract about my employers name the one I care that cannot speak and moved because she has sylebral palsy and the other one I care had downcyndrume.. until now they want me to bring again in Bisha for proper married... It take 2 months already about this issues.. please help me... I need your legal advice, thank you 😊

And also they told me they will give a 1million if I married her son. Pls. Help me...

Do he have to divorce his wife just to marry other woman where in fact he is an Arab and could have up to four Muslim wives if he is capable financially?  Yes, they (arab) can marry a filipina only if she is also a Muslim or was converted into Islam.

No, he doesn't have to get divorced. Muslims have up to 4 wives at a time. But yes, lady must be Muslim to be officially married even this is not Islamic rule as Muslim men can get married to Christian or Jewish ladies

i have somehow same issues but the thing is were married first in Philippines because we have our first baby,... i just want to know if we are still able to get married the right way. what he will do or he still must get permission first for us to marry and is it allowed because what i read to other articles its difficult to gwt it when we already had a baby before the kingdom give permission... please anyone who has an idea about this just reply and i would like to know what he will do. because all he says to me it is difficult now to get permission not like before but i know before still the same its not easy to get permission unless it is valid. because i wanted to visit my daughter if she will go to her father in saudi. we are currently in Philippines... anyone who could advice or know someone works at amarah i hope you can help us... we are both muslim i converted already since 2012... thank you and Allah bless you for helping us.

shanmarvilgy30 wrote:

i have somehow same issues but the thing is were married first in Philippines because we have our first baby,... i just want to know if we are still able to get married the right way. what he will do or he still must get permission first for us to marry and is it allowed because what i read to other articles its difficult to gwt it when we already had a baby before the kingdom give permission... please anyone who has an idea about this just reply and i would like to know what he will do. because all he says to me it is difficult now to get permission not like before but i know before still the same its not easy to get permission unless it is valid. because i wanted to visit my daughter if she will go to her father in saudi. we are currently in Philippines... anyone who could advice or know someone works at amarah i hope you can help us... we are both muslim i converted already since 2012... thank you and Allah bless you for helping us.

Just tell him to apply. Permission is not easy but he'll never know until he tries. He wont lose anything by trying but he will definitely not get it by not trying. If he really loves you and wants his family to be complete, he will do everything to get it.

Alym0591 wrote:

Do he have to divorce his wife just to marry other woman where in fact he is an Arab and could have up to four Muslim wives if he is capable financially?  Yes, they (arab) can marry a filipina only if she is also a Muslim or was converted into Islam.

He doesn't need to divorce his first wife. If he is Saudi and he wants to marry again and the woman is a foreigner, there are regulations that he will be allowed to marry the foreigner. But if the Saudi will get another saudi wife, he can marry as he pleases.

xxx_12 wrote:

Hi I am a single Filipina and I have  a single saudi boyfriend. We plan to get married. Is it possible? Someone has any idea of this.?

Tell him to apply for the permission from their government first.

thank you that is also what i asked him to do time passes by and the more it become difficult and i am already devastated and now the age gap already lowering so i am worried because on his passport his nearly 66 but he said it isnt true because his age is not yet 66 because of some hospital issue before. which i dont know the rules way back 50's... our age gap is 37. so i dont know if we can still fix our marriage. jf not just for our daughter's sake. ill accept the fact if the kingdom will not grant me that, i have to respect the law. but still i am hoping that we can still have it.  thank you again for your help

shanmarvilgy30 wrote:

thank you that is also what i asked him to do time passes by and the more it become difficult and i am already devastated and now the age gap already lowering so i am worried because on his passport his nearly 66 but he said it isnt true because his age is not yet 66 because of some hospital issue before. which i dont know the rules way back 50's... our age gap is 37. so i dont know if we can still fix our marriage. jf not just for our daughter's sake. ill accept the fact if the kingdom will not grant me that, i have to respect the law. but still i am hoping that we can still have it.  thank you again for your help

Tell him to apply. Wala ba syang ibang asawa? Baka that's the one stopping him or let your daughter just live with u sa pinas if that is what's worrying you. If i remember it correctly and if not changed, minimum age of saudi is 30 and max age is 70. He still has time if he really want to get the permission.

he has still 1st and lately he told me the problem 2nd wife not divorce totally because of some issues regarding the divorce trial, so as of now he can not take papers for me,. im not worrying about my daughter and i am willing she stay with her baba but i only want to get legal because marrying in Philippines no matter what it doesnt count on kingdom,. there some many complicated situations so i do not know on how i am going to deal with it. maybe i just focus on our daughter future because if God's will it will happen, if its not for me, then i must face the reality.... just disappointed but what else i can do but just pray.

shanmarvilgy30 wrote:

he has still 1st and lately he told me the problem 2nd wife not divorce totally because of some issues regarding the divorce trial, so as of now he can not take papers for me,. im not worrying about my daughter and i am willing she stay with her baba but i only want to get legal because marrying in Philippines no matter what it doesnt count on kingdom,. there some many complicated situations so i do not know on how i am going to deal with it. maybe i just focus on our daughter future because if God's will it will happen, if its not for me, then i must face the reality.... just disappointed but what else i can do but just pray.

I see. Yes, without KSA's government permission/approval to marry a foreigner, it will never be legally recognized inside the Kingdom even you are married EVERYWHERE in the world.

Where is that court . Can you help I will go there