Moving to the Philippines: where should I move based on my criteria?

Although I've never been to the Philippines, I really like what I've read and seen (incredible beaches) and I'm thinking about moving there. I will travel and inspect a few locations before I decide on where I would like to live, but before doing so I am making a short list of potential locations to inspect. I've written out a basic criteria of my wants and likes/dislikes, so perhaps you guys could make some suggestions.  I'm a single Australian male in my thirties.

Within 2 hours drive from an International Airport. 30 minutes would be ideal.  I will be travelling a lot and will be receiving international guests.
Fast internet for work. Access to fibre cables during the day. (I just checked and there are quite a few locations with 100mbps. I think its not utilised because its so expensive.)
Safe with low crime. Maybe even a gated community.
Preferably relaxed friendly people although not necessary. I intend on spending a lot of time on the islands where I know I will meet people like that.
A high tourist area as I like meeting new, foreign people.
Preferably an area with a large number of expats
Preferably an area with people in their late 20's early 30's.
I'm single and want to date attractive girls. I love Asian girls and all girls in general, but much prefer Caucasian women. The ability to meet european and american tourists will better suit my preferrences
A place where I can start a small business. (Don't need the money, but would like to contribute, employ some people and create something)
Access to a commercial area to conduct important business- Businesses meetings, lawyers, accountant, banking etc. I.e. 20 minute drive to a cbd
Beautiful, serene beach and location. 
Live directly on the beach in a condo or property. Want to be able to walk to beach.
I'd like to buy a boat and travel to various islands or even better have ready access to hiring a boat/captain. Id like to walk out of residence and down to boat and go to an island! Probably the main reason for moving to the Philippines - exploring the islands/beaches.
Not too densely populated, but not too quiet. Manilla is WAY to crowded. A place that is quiet for 6 months and then busy in the tourist season is fine.
Hate traffic and pollution and excessive noise.
Lots of outdoor activities available in area
I'm very health orientated so access to clean food, water and air is very important. I could eat fresh coconuts all day!
Although most of my entertainment will be enjoying the beach and nature, id also like ready access to basic entertainment - bars, restaurants, shopping etc.
Skirmish/paintball, Hiking,  gym and mixed martial arts are my other hobbies. I enjoy most adrenaline and outdoor activities. Must be near a gym.
Cost isn't a major problem but I want good value and I dont want to appear a target because of my financial situation (as is the case in many S American countries - not sure if issue in Phil?).
Rent budget is 40-60,000 Php a month , but would go as high as 80-100,000 if its really special.
I don't spend much on shopping, dinners, parties, events etc, as I have rather simple tastes. I much prefer to cook for myself at home, and experiencing the islands and outdoor activities will be my main source of entertainment.  Although maybe boat/scooter hire will prove quite expensive? Either way, I figure my living budget of 40,000 php per month should be more than enough

I could be more specific but these are some basic criterion. Based on my quick research, I figure the following areas best suit me:

1. Puerto Princesa. Probably top pick. Sabang, El Nido, Port Bardon, Nacpan, Coron etc
2. Cebu. Most likely option. Access to everything although maybe too busy.
3. Kalibo Close to Boracay, Bantaya and Roxas City.
4. North of Manilla (from Clark airport) Maybe Baguio
5. South of Manilla. On beach. Able to boat to Puerto Galera

Nick, I'll be happy to comment on some of the items you mentioned.

There are plenty of good places to live, here in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan.  But of course, you can be within two hours of the International Airport, or you can be further away.  Since you wanted to be close to it, I suggest you live closer to the city, really a small town!   Remember the further away, you will not have the Internet readily available, and Brown outs, no electric, occurs more frequently.   in the city, they are starting fiber cables, but you have to be in the right area.  Yes, we have gated communities, but for me, they are ghettos with town houses built on top of one another, or single family homes, very small, compared to the Western standards.  Best bet, is to build your own home, and put a Wall around it.  Ya, it is safe, that's NOT a problem.  Of course, there are girls, but, your choice would be less, compared to a larger city.   But you will find who every and what ever you want here.   To live on a beach is possible, you simply buy the land, and build a place, whether it be a cubo, native house, or cement home.  Done....Not a problem renting out a boat, anyone will take you where you want to go, instead of fishing....More islands in Ilnido, though then where I am here in Puerto.  I agree Manila is to noisy, I hate it, but have to pass though to get to where I want to go.
Quiet in the city, PPC No way, loud music at all hours of the night, and of course, people put in their new horns and love blowing them, kids everywhere.  Outside of the city, (town again) yes, peaceful...NO NOISE.  No entertainment outside the town, unless you bring your own bottle, and invite the neighbors.  You want to much, bars, in the city, quite, outside the city.  Clean food, well, I haven't died yet, or gotten food poisoning, but eating the street food, will up the chances.  You find someone that can cook, and you may have good meals, but their food is NOT like the food in Europe or other parts of the world.  Fish is good....though.  Near a gym, your back in PPC.  You like marshal arts, get over here and you and I can go to Cebu and take that a few classes, where they use that stick.  I'd like to learn the basics.  For that much money, You can have a castle but none here.  I'll put a CUBO, on the 4th floor of my apartment building, and you will have the Mother of all Views of the Puerto Princesa City Bay.   Come see the view, and tell me to do it.  But you have to climb four floors.  (I live on third and forth floor, of another apartment building I built, and have the same view.  (but yours is bigger well higher up!)  Your budget is way to much.  But you are better off getting a motorcycle, like me...for about 80,000 pesos 150 Honda!  you can get 125 Honda for 65,000 Pesos.  You let me know when your coming, I'll be happy to help you whether or not you live here,  (in the apartment)  But, I'm always on the move.....traveling.

You won't find any beach front property in Baguio, not too much available within 2 hours of Clarke airfield.  Palawaan does appear to be your best bet, good luck.  Best advise is to rent for at least a year before trying to invest in any real estate.  Ownership of property is legally tricky for noncitizens.  Good luck mate.

I suggest staying where you are.

Thanks for the tips! Thanks tn101112 for the detailed reply!

One thing I overlooked was the rainy season in Palawaan. I dont expect I will be doing much island hopping during that period, and therefore might get quite bored for a significant part of the year. Are the beaches basically deserted during the rainy season? I assume being in Cedu would provide a little more balance: access to beautiful beaches and scenery during the summer months: Boho, Siquijor, Matacan Island, Bantayan, Malapascua Island. Panglao Island, Camotes Islands etc, while still having access to the settings I need for my other goals during the rainy season.

" I'm single and want to date attractive girls. I love Asian girls and all girls in general, but much prefer Caucasian women"....You are going to the wrong Country. Stay where you are, you won't survive a month here.

Here is what you do. You come to Palawan, stay 3 months, rent, and see the area.  Then you fly anywhere you want rent, see the area, and  after you do this a number of times, you finally pick a place to live, build, go to the beaches, or do anything you want.

You are forgetting this part. ... "but much prefer Caucasian women"... Seems to me that you are looking in the wrong Country. There aren't any white women where you live???

Perhaps he burned all his bridges with the Sheilas.

Thanks Fortune, but are attractive Caucasian women really that scarce in the Philippines? Surely there are plenty of girls at the beach or in certain bars/clubs? I know there wouldnt be many residents, but I would expect there to be significant numbers of tourists, flight hostesses etc for me to at least arrange a date every week.

tn101112, I just released two things that turn me off Palawan: the weather for 4-5 months a year, and the fact that El Nido, Coron and the northern islands are quicker to get to by flying in from Manila or Cedu. Thats a bit of a deal breaker for me.  Its 4-5 hours in a van and even longer in a bus as opposed to 1-2 hours flying + road travel from Manilla or Cebu. You are right though, this is all just theoretical; I need to go over and live. Ill certainly let you know if I do.

travelperson20 wrote:

Thanks Fortune, but are attractive Caucasian women really that scarce in the Philippines? Surely there are plenty of girls at the beach or in certain bars/clubs? I know there wouldnt be many residents, but I would expect there to be significant numbers of tourists, flight hostesses etc for me to at least arrange a date every week.

tn101112, I just released two things that turn me off Palawan: the weather for 4-5 months a year, and the fact that El Nido, Coron and the northern islands are quicker to get to by flying in from Manila or Cedu. Thats a bit of a deal breaker for me.  Its 4-5 hours in a van and even longer in a bus as opposed to 1-2 hours flying + road travel from Manilla or Cebu. You are right though, this is all just theoretical; I need to go over and live. Ill certainly let you know if I do.

When it comes to Caucasian women in the Philippines you are grasping at straws.  All the flights I've taken have Asian crew through and through.  Maybe you better use Quantas.

What's wrong with Oz???

Fortune, I was thinking the same thing....I want to move to a southeast Asian country and date white women!   Okaaaay! 
tp20, you might meet some European women or maybe an occasional American, but more likely Aussies.  Your move here doesn't make much sense really.  Stay down under and then just come and vacation.  You will have a tough time buying here as the laws are written to keep you from owning, for the most part.  Starting a business, same thing.
Everything you are looking for would seem to be more readily available in your current country, especially Caucasian women.

You are exactly 100% correct ChuckG!

Does Cedo + Cebu?

Gumbo0220 wrote:

Does Cedo + Cebu?

Cedo+Cebu=CedoCebu.

the equal sign automatically changes to plus

thanks for noticing

Go to HUNDRED ISLANDS, which is in Pangasinan.
You can live in the subdivision of my cousin, if there's a vacancy.  The place is about 3 hours away from MetroManila.  My sister and her husband (from Hawaii) l have lived there with other expats for the past 30 years.

You can start an online ESL business, maybe.

Let me know and I'll introduce you to my sister, Venjie.

Just stay in Oz where white women are.

learntalk wrote:

Go to HUNDRED ISLANDS, which is in Pangasinan.
You can live in the subdivision of my cousin, if there's a vacancy. 
Let me know and I'll introduce you to my sister, Venjie.

Is your sister Caucasian?

Maybe I should move to Oz to look for Asian women?

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

Maybe I should move to Oz to look for Asian women?

There are some fine Asian women there, and few of them are descendants of former prisoners.

Ahhhh. ....descendants of former prisoners....perfect! ;-)

Reading your critrea for the ideal place to live.
I don't think the Philippines would tick all your boxes.
I think you would be better looking at the mediterranean in southern Europe.
Plenty of Islands for sailing,quality housing,beautiful blue sea, foreign visitors galore (especially European women).
Wide range of good quality restaurants or you can hire an experienced  chef for meals in house.

Looking for "love" in all the wrong places. ...

I think 'travelperson20' much of your missing information and most of your answers will be found when you make your first Visa free visit  to the Philippines.  You can also see for yourself the number of caucasian girls in the bars waiting on you for a date......   :)

Based on your criteria.....NOWHERE in the Philippines.

That was fun to read. Thanks for the laughs...Find a person on cupid to start your search with.....lol

You need to get here as fast as you can. Large breasted blondes and redheads are all over the place and you can easily start a business and make a million the first year. Don't hesitate sell everything and get down here NOW!

:)

Totally agree

The easiest place ever to make a million if you come with 5 million and the safest roads in Asia and the incorruptible police force standing firm in their duty to protect they can even do that while sleeping at the wheel parked at the side of the road

Good advice but no need to waste time on a business when there are rich white women all over the Philippines who will gladly give you millions hahaha

Consider Puerto Galera via 20 minute seaplane flight from Manila. At least 2 flights a day.