Monthly Salary required for family of 4 in KL

Hi I am getting an offer from a media house in KL. Just want to get an idea about the average monthly salary required for a family of 4 in KL including schooling and rent. My kids are 6 yrs and 2 yrs.

Pls consider that being an indian, my groceries will be more of indian and not the local non veg and sea food.

Any help will be kindly appreciated.

Schooling and rental costs vary enormously. Expect to spend about RM2k for supermarket shopping (milk, nappies are costly). If you mention your likely location to set up home it will be easier to suggest schooling and rental charges. You will need a salary of minimum RM7k per month to survive and RM9k upwards increases savings.

My office is in bangsar south...can u suggest some location nearby with good schooling in english medium with basic facilities like 7-11 and other supermarkets especially indian groceries. Also im looking for a residence with playing garden for kids....

KL is a city with little public green space (the suburbs have more) and you are more likely to find a children's playground with a few bits of equipment at condos.

This article is about school fees https://www.imoney.my/articles/most-aff … n-malaysia  However it does not mention more likely choice such as Global Indian International School, Havil and Vikas

This gives a map location of many of the schools https://www.international-schools-datab … ala-lumpur

Brickfields/Sentral may be an option and you could possibly take the LRT to work if your office is close to the station. Otherwise in Bangsar South there are reasonably priced units at Pantai Panorama Condo. www.iproperty.com.my will have listings for both locations.

House rental RM1200-1400
Both kids education RM1400-1800
Grocery can be RM1200-1400
Entertainment RM500
Utilities RM500
Petrol RM300

Every shopping mall have all kind of Indian groceries but if you want only imported items from India then can visit to Little India or Masjdik Jamek area. There you can also find Veg restaurants too.

Sushil Hi

I just moved to KL last month from Delhi and my family (wife and 2 kids) will be coming over next month.
All your other expenses will be manageable but you need to be very careful about School fees (which is obnoxiously high) if you are looking to make your children go to a good international school. Though there's an Indian school too which follows Indian CBSE curriculum, but I haven't heard any good reviews about this school.

Just to give you an idea, the average fee for your 6 year old in a decent international school (not the top end one) will be approx 4k RM per month. For kindergarten you may expect about 1 to 2k per month.

Bangsar is a good place where you would quite a lot of expat community. Condos will be in the range of 3k to 8k depending on size and location.

I have been here a few eeks already and its a wonderful place to be so far. Where in India are you coming from?

Hi most of the expat cater around Mont kiara, Bangsar, Klcc or desa park city.
Those area have supermarket and international school nearby. ***

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct