Cheapest, most reliable taxi service & car rental companies

Please advise. Any answers highly appreciated.

a few months ago would say eCabs - but now frequently use the taxify app - St Julians-Valletta in peak hours EUR 10.50 cheapest 13.50 most expensive so far.

Malta or Gozo?

Thanks for the useful information, Darryl.

GozoMo: Malta or Gozo; if you have information on either,
it would be helpful

Thank you in advance,
Andy

On Gozo use Mayjo.

Thank you, GozoMo

I've used the official white cabs, yellowcabs, ecabs and greenr. My favourite is Greenr as it they are electric, non-contaminant taxis. But if you dont book them in advance you cannot be sure to find one available. Ecabs is growing to be quite expensive. I only would trust white cabs for transfers from the airport, and yellowcabs were quite unpolite so I will not use them again (if they still exists, lately I havent seen them).

Frankly, I am awaiting that Uber comes to Malta. The taxis here are so hugely expensive that you just don't use them. Using Uber in other european countries is so easy, cheap and effortless.

thanks for the detailed information, Commando.

uber would be great, but I have heard nothing about
its service extending to Malta

I have had very good service from http://instacabs.com.mt/
they always come in at least 5 euros cheaper than Ecabs.

I'm not a fan of ecabs, mostly because when I need them, they take too long because they are so busy.

I have a very good relationship with a smaller private company, but lately I've grown warm to Taxify. The app just works so darn well and the price is probably the cheapest.

If you use Taxify, note that the estimate it tells you on the app is an OVERestimate, and the actual price generally is a few euro less.

Thanks for posting , guys.
Seems like a vote for Taxify.

Taxify is very similar to Uber

Very bad experience with ecabs. Never pay upfront on the app or website with credit card, because you think it's faster. As soon they have the money, you have no priority at all and they don't care even if you miss your flight. A insider confirm me, if you pay upfront, they let you wait forever and you will probably end up paying another taxi, because when you call them, your ecab is unfortunately allways "stuck in traffic" ...

Hi I always use this agency in my opinion is one of the most economic. This is the link
taxi-airports-transfer.com/private-taxi-malta-transfers.html
Hope it helps.

Fedez1234 wrote:

Hi I always use this agency in my opinion is one of the most economic. This is the link
taxi-airports-transfer.com/private-taxi-malta-transfers.html
Hope it helps.

Would take this post with a grain of salt.

It's giving me a quote of 22 euros for Sliema to airport, and giving the same quote for Sliema to St Julians which is about 4x the price of Taxify.

I also booked with them. I stayed on foot.