Looking for English speaking employment in Munich, Berlin or Frankfurt

Hi. I'm moving to Germany within a month due to personal reasons. I speak native/fluent English as I lived in NY for 10 years. Started to learn German a few months ago. Does anyone have any idea where in the beginning English is enough?? Where should I search?? I have about 10 years of experience as a PA and as an EA. Speak French as well.Thanks.

Hi and welcome on the forum Shoegal73 :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Armand

I am in the exact same boat as you. Wanting to move to Germany for personal reasons. Speak native English and I know very little German. Just not sure how to go about trying to find employment where English is enough at the beginning. Maybe we could investigate and help one another out?

Fiona

Hi!  I just moved to Hamburg and am in the same boat.  I am also looking for an English speaking job, but am also looking for a good German language course to join.  I just got a cancellation from a course that was supposed to start Monday.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Welcome on Expat.com BrooklyninHamburg ;)

May be you can also start a new discussion with your queries (It will be more visible and will surely allow you to get responses/reactions more quicker)

Regards

Hello,
I need to get a "Meldebescheiningung". I went to the office today and was told by law, that I need a translator as I don't speak German!! The guy in the office spoke great English, but said the law in Germany states that if I can't speak German then I need a translator !! I worked in Munich in 1991 as a teenager and this was not the case at that time...
Also, if I do need a translator can anyone here help me in Hamburg?? I know no one in this city, so if I can't get this problem solved I might be in for some tough times.
Thabks,
Barry

Hello, Eolas International  are trying to get in contact with people in Munich to offer them part time work if they are suitable candidates.

Please read the job description below:

•    Job type: Part-time
•    Salary: €15 / Hour
•    Industry: Research & Development
Job description:
To collect in-store product data which will allow the client gain knowledge of any issues with their product or competitor products.
Main responsibilities:
The successful candidate will become familiar with a global set of product standards which will allow them rate each product for different criteria. The data needs to be collected efficiently whilst always maintaining complete accuracy.
There are approx 60 products which need to be rated in each store. For each product we will rate 6 different samples. The data is recorded on a hand-held device which is provided. Each evening this data is fed back to Eolas (our company) for verification.
Any sample with an issue is purchased and a photographic recording is taken of the issue.
Once you have some experience, each store will take approx 5-6 hours to complete.
We do 15 stores in each location each quarter, so in total, it will take approx 80 – 85 hours per quarter to complete.
We require a trustworthy and hardworking person, who is willing to be trained to perform product ratings to a standard that has gained Eolas International an excellent reputation in this field. The candidate would need to be settled long-term in the location and give a certain commitment to remain with Eolas for some time.
15 days per quarter during a 30 day window. This is a set window and will not be negotiable.
Training:
Extensive training will be provided prior to initiation. This will be primarily done on-line. It will be done at scheduled times with multiple participants and you must make yourself available at the allocated times. Total duration approx 7 days. You will receive a reduced fee for the training period. You will be accompanied in your first stores by one of our representatives and you will be fully trained before being left on your own.
Salary - €15 per hour.

Candidate and Job Skills:
The successful candidate must match the following requirements:
The candidate must have fluent written and spoken English, and German.
The candidate must possess good communication skills, both by email and phone.
Must have good attention to detail
Car Transport preferable
Broadband and PC/Laptop. (Field researcher responsible for this)
The candidate must be IT competent
Applicants must be residents of this city

[email protected]

Hello Eolasinternational.

Can you please post your offer in the jobs in Germany section?

Thank you,
Aurélie

I'm looking for English speaking job in high class hospitality business in Koln or somewhere else i DE..for my English husband..

Hello trustno1, could you please post an advert in the link provided by AurélieZ?;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Hi,
Have a Look here

sara-kita-berlin.de/jobs/

Looking Vorwand to Hearing from you.

Regards
Doris

Hi Doris,

You should post your advert in the Jobs in Germany section. Thank you.

Hi..im imran saqib frome afghanistan im looking for a job .im waitting for ur reply thank you......

Hello saqib12.

You should follow the advice given by Christine above and post an advert in the Jobs in Germany section with details of your qualifications. It shall help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

try to visit the consulate or embassy of your country.  They always have translators.

I am also looking for a job in Germany, I only know English language do not speaking German language. It is very difficult for us because we spent almost our school – university era in learning English now we are good at English but to get professional jobs in Germany we need to learn German so it would take much more time to learn German while I am desperate to get job and visa immediately.

Hi owais.truefriend,

As this thread is a bit old, I suggest you start a new topic on the German Forum :)

And you can post an advert or your resume in the Jobs in Germany section, if you are looking for a job. Just be specific on what kind job you are looking for and what are you qualification or skills please. It might help :)

Best of luck with everything :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team