Moving back to Costa Rica

Moving back to Costa Rica soon after health issue.Need two things,first I take isinopril for blood pressure,anybody know if it's availible there?Also we need a good pickup or SUV 4WD for 15 to 18 grand. Thanks

Surffeaver wrote:

Moving back to Costa Rica soon after health issue.Need two things,first I take isinopril for blood pressure,anybody know if it's availible there?Also we need a good pickup or SUV 4WD for 15 to 18 grand. Thanks

Hola Surffeaver,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I'm running into town this afternoon so I'll check on the isinopril (or is it is it "Lisinopril" that you need the info. on?).  If they don't have it, I'll find out if there is an equivalent.

I am going to be selling my 2001 4Runner, Limited edition in the near future.  If you'd like to contact me by PM I can give you more information if you're interested.

- Expat Dave
Expat.com Team Member

Hi. As far as I know, Lisinopril 10mg is not listed here as a blood pressure med, and the Caja is the only one that formulates it, no pharmacy distributes it.

If you lived here before you must be familiar with some Costa Rica car sales websites where you can start looking for cars, or you could bring one from overseas; there's a govmt site where you can calculate import taxes.

It is lisinopril,my mistake.I'll check back later about the 4 runner,gracias..

Are you already a legal resident of CR, so you can access CAJA for this Rx if only available there?

Need to renew my tarajeta de residencia once we return  my wife and two kids are citizens.

Buenos noches,can you give me more info about your 4runner,also did you find out anything about the availability  of lisinopril in CR. Gracias

It's Lisinopril, I take it @ 2.5mg. Various strengths up to 20mg?

It may also be marketed as Prinivil or Zestril.  there is another popular b/p rx in the US but I forget the name of that drug

Ask around for those, maybe a different name for the same drug in Latin America as often is the case. Surely CR Caja has a b/p med.

Gracias..

Surffeaver wrote:

I posted this info yesterday but it's not here today???

Lisinopril is available in the local pharmacies.  The one I checked on is sold as Cirpril.  Twenty count, 20 mg. is ¢7,000.

- Expat Dave

Thanks Dave for checking on lisinopril for me.The price is about the same as here in the states.gracias...