Paying bills in Zambia

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Zambia?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Zambia? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Zambia?
- each place you rent is different so it depends on the landlord. Typically the renter pays all bills except for property taxes. Bills you have is electricity, garbage and water.

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?
-I pay at their office. I haven't seen them online yet.

With what frequency are different bills sent in Zambia? Are there different deadlines for payment?
- typically they are monthly. If you have a Zesco box in the house you buy units when you need them.

I hope these answers help.

What city are you staying at? How long have you been or will be there for?

Hello, a digital evolution is taking place, and online commerce and convenience os growing. Various utilites and services can now be paid online. A quick link to some of these service providers websites can be found at InfoApo KwikPay
hope this helps!