Paying bills in Sudan

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Sudan?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Sudan? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

HI Priscilla

Flat or house Rent is paid seperately usually unless you agree with owner to pay bills.

Electricity is prepaid is all Sudan ( most bills are), water is included with electricity if you use or not ( little unfair, its fixed amount and you could have a villa or flat and pay same price but you can use as much water as you need). You can buy electricity from any bank app if you have an account with them or go to one of their offices (some work 24 hrs) or from agents but they usually take a big commission so better to buy whats enough until  you find a better option.

Most payment s are dont in cash in Sudan, but now gov is trying to move people to direction of e-paying, banks now have apps which you can pay electricity, buy recharge cards for sim cards, pay university tuition, pay customs, .... others depending on which bank your using.

I need to pay electricity in sudan for my family and I am in Canada how can I do that I don't have banky but I have a canadian bank card can u help me do that

@sarahaha

hi sarah

unfortunately Money transfers can be made only through Western Union or some money transfer agencies in the states,In Khartoum they can only receive from agencies, but only through your bankk (khartoum ban application) and all banking applications do not work these days

Thank YOU SO much nony13 I know it is a dilemma you have the money but can't buy so sad they had to leave the house and now they in an Apt with only electrical stove  cook

So sorry for that, i'm in portsudan right now, so i'll ask if i can buy an electricity for them, if it's possible so i'll let you know, to send me the number of meter.

@sarahaha Hi

Bankak is now working since morning, if they stil didnt find anyone to buy for them please dm me and  i will for them.

We can discuss other details later.

Thank you

@Muibmuel

Unfortunately The bills section does not work, only the financial transfers section

@Muibmuel salam

yes they still did not find I appreciate your willing to help , tell me what to do.

@nony13 thank you so much you know there is an app called cashkush allows me to send money to Sudanese banks or even pick up points outside Khartoum.

@Muibmuel  Hi ,

Again thank u enough if you Can help I can pay from E transfere if u have foreign account or direct deposited into Sudanese bank.