Paying bills in Oman

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Oman?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Oman? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I guess it must be very difficult to pay bills in Oman , when you do not get salary every month!!

Types of bills:
1- Rent
in Muscat you pay directly to the landlord or the managing company, usually by cheques or cash. bills are not included in most cases, although some landlords might include them in the package.

2- Electricity, Water, & Sewage
paper (hard-copy) monthly bills are still being delivered to houses, but it is more convenient to pay online by a specific app, or through the kiosks spread around in most large malls. some banks (e.g Bank Muscat) have transfer services to pay these bills.

3- Landline, Internet, & Mobile
PDF (soft-copy) monthly bill is sent to your email.
You pay online by a specific app, or through the kiosks spread around in most large malls. some banks (e.g Bank Muscat) have transfer services to pay these bills.

Thanks DrAbdo for a detailed answer.

I would like to add that Oman is using latest technologies for the betterment of its residents. Majority of the residents pay the bill by using mobile friendly apps.

I don't receive any bills in my name as my employer takes care of all of my expenses.☺️

Enjoy and stay blessed 💐

Manish

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Oman?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Oman? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

1. Depends on the length of stay. For a short term, you can find and get all in. For normal long term or open contract you are better to pay them yourself.

2. Kiosks, web, store, apps.

3. Monthly. Don't worry about deadlines. Just pay within a month or three and nobody will moan.