Paying bills in Hong Kong

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Hong Kong?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Hong Kong? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla,

I do get different types of Bills, like below,

1. WATER BILL ( ONCE IN 3 MONTHS )
2. GAS BILL ( ONCE IN 2 MONTHS )
3. ELECTRICITY BILLS ( ONCE IN 2 MONTHS )
4. CREDIT CARS BILLS ( EVERY MONTH ).

All the above bills can be paid by Cheque, ATM Transfer or Online Transfer.

Till date i didn't missed the deadline, so I am not aware of the penalty, but surely there is some penalty. I am not aware how harsh it will be in implementation, but Credit Cards do charge Interests in your new bill, if there is any outstanding from the previous bills.

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Hong Kong?

ANS: The basic bill we get for house rental is Water, Electricity and Gas Bill. The common practice is that it doesn't comes including the rent. But in case you are renting room share, than some time they come included, depending on the offer.

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

ANS: Yes, Online, ATM, 7/11 etc.

With what frequency are different bills sent in Hong Kong? Are there different deadlines for payment?

ANS:
1.    WATER BILL: ONCE IN 3 MONTHS (DEADLINE NOEMALLY IS 2 WEEKS, WILL BE WRITTEN ON THE BILL)
2.    ELECTRICITY BILL:  ONCE IN 2 MONTHS (DEADLINE NOEMALLY IS 2 WEEKS, WILL BE WRITTEN ON THE BILL)
3.    GAS BILL: ONCE IN 2 MONTHS (DEADLINE NOEMALLY IS 2 WEEKS, WILL BE WRITTEN ON THE BILL)

APART FROM THIS, THERE WILL BE OTHER OPTIONAL BILLS, LIKE CREDIT CARD, CLUB MEMBERSHIP ETC. Which has there own regulations.

Regards,
Saibal