BlackBerry novice

Bonjour a tous,
I have avoided getting the yuppie toy (my words) but now I see how it can assist me.  However, there are so many different models to choose from, varying greatly in prices, I would not know how to choose!  Help please.....  Also, where are the best prices on the island please?  merci

Hi,

instead of Blackberry you may go for IPHONE as blackberry dont allow many of the applications to run

Hanlie Blaise wrote:

Bonjour a tous,
I have avoided getting the yuppie toy (my words) but now I see how it can assist me.  However, there are so many different models to choose from, varying greatly in prices, I would not know how to choose!  Help please.....  Also, where are the best prices on the island please?  merci

There are quite a few models, Depends on your Budget, from the Blackberry Curve @10,000 MUR to the more advanced versions including Blackberry Storm, Blackberry Bold and BB Torch ( the torch is my Fav) which costs upwards of 20,000 MUR.

If you are a business person then you gotta get the BB. If you are not, then Iphone is a good option. One of the best features of BB is the Blackberry Messenger which sends secure chats between you and other BB users anywhere in the world. You can also download other Messengers, i.e., Yahooo, MSN, GTalk and use their chat.

You can check the models out here -http://worldwide.blackberry.com/

Also,both operators (emtel and orange) offer similar deals, http://worldwide.blackberry.com/landing … gionId=982 .
I would suggest if you can, try to get the phone from outside as it is more expensive here(i got mine from India).

All the Best Berrying!!

Cheers,
Musheer

I have a BB curve and it's fantastic for work and emails etc. Just depends what your requirements are really though. As Musheer says, if you want bells and whistles the i phone is probably a better bet.

If you want a good,steady BB, then go for one of the Curve Variants. ( these are relatively cheaper)
If you want a higher performance Phone, then it has to be the BB Bold.
If you want as touch screen with the add ons, Go for the Storm.
If you want both the QWERTY keypad and a touch screen, then go for the Torch.

If you want a computer with a phone, then go for the Playbook.:P ( though not yet launched around here)

hi there,
am using a sony ericson P1i(best buy ever)!! :)

think that blackberry has joys and sweats! lol, sweats for the blackberry server.

I prefer my collegues use nokia, and the software mail for exchange makes it all( u can get your calendar, accept meetings synched with your outlook at office)

network coverage cellplus works fine!

nokia stuff best bought at HM Rawat(beau Bassin) with warranty and after sales service

enjoy,
islander.

Hi guys
Thanks for the response.  I'm sure there will always be the camps iphone vs BB. I guess because everyone around me now has BB I am sort of cornered into that space.  I will check at Orange what they have on offer.  Just a question:  I currently have a 3G contract for my extenal modem.  Can I use the BB as a modem to connect to the internet via my Macbook?

hi, depends on what you have as bb, software may be used to connect via bb and through modem, a little configuration needy( if services available ie: software for mac+ modem on phone)

cheers friend,
islander.