Trading licence


I'm wanting to register as self-employed, and most of it seems fine, but the trading licence bit has me stumped.

I'm a freelance programmer, but on the website, all the trading licence stuff seems to be exclusively  for street traders  and various forms of retail. Unless I'm just failing to find the right page. Does this perhaps mean I can skip that part?

I tried emailing them but have as yet received no reply.


As you are not selling by retail I would not have thought you would need a traders licence!


The trading licence requirement for self-employed/sole traders was scrapped last year, as a "gift" by the government.

Being said that, maybe you still need to get one but it's free? (Used to be 52 euros a year.)

You'll find contact info, phone number and FAQ here:

New topic