PORTO OR CASCAIS??

I am interested in hearing about the experiences of anyone who has moved to Porto. How do you find it as a place to live, did you rent or buy a property, cost of living, have you found it easy to integrate & meet people etc. I would love to live in Lisbon but property prices high & not sure it is a good destination for a 60 year old (young), but find the Algarve too quiet, I am a Londoner & prefer city life. Will be living on my own with my daughter visiting monthly. Any info/comments/advice welcome.

I'm interested in Porto as well. I intend on visiting the city Fall of 2018, but I am interested in knowing how friendly it is for those with mobility issues.  I would like to know if I should try to rely on a walker, or if I can get around in my powered chair.  I am a Tetraplegic but I've actually singlehand sailed the Caribbean so, I'm not timid in my travels, I just like to figure out the logistics ahead of time so that I can properly prepare.

Dont know if your still on here the posts seems quite old. not very well used this forum But youre still in Lisbon Cascais Ive just moved here so get in touch  Donna. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct