Moving to Riyadh...Many Questions to Answer

Friends, I am looking to Move to Riyadh and have couple of question to decide ...I should or should not take up the assignment.

I am am India married guy with 2 kids

1. Salary - I have been offered SAR 42,000/ month. I am in a retail MBA with 15 years of work experience and will be  looking to take up national role with a large retailer.   Is it a good salary ? How much is the saving potential

2. Accommodation - Looking  for 2 bedroom accommodation in  western compounds  with amenities like kids play area, swimming pool, grocery stores, etc (preferably play school in the compound) . How much it will cost me? Also, is there is a waiting  in decent compound  for long? Can some one suggest compound popular in Indian Community...this might help family to settle down fast.

3. School - - I can see all kinds of schools in Riyadh, I am looking for Indian school...which which is the better choice? DPS , YARA, IISC, Modern Middle East are the few options...which is the best one? Don't want to compromise on this part. Also how much I would be spending for young kids education apart of fees...I can see on school sites Fee & Transports are in range of SAR15,000 to SAR 17,000...What about other misc expenses, if any.

4. Food & Other Expense - How much family need to spend average on food, Mobile, Internet, Clothing and weekly dining out.

5. CAR - How easy to get care lease, I guess it can only happen post 3 months of employment in SAR. Is pre-used cards is also a good option and can be leased?

6. Medical - Do companies provide Medical for dependent parents also, in case they want to come and live with you. If now how much it cost for senior citizens?

Thanks in advance, looking for support here.

Hope to get reply on this soon :)

Hey.

With a salary of 42k a month you are definitely in the top 1% of the population in terms of income.

-Regarding your expenses it totally depends on you.
-You can easily find more information on compound prices by googling.
-Usually companies do not give insurances for parents. It's best to clarify with your HR.
- Car leasing is very straigt forward as long as your company gives you the required documents.
- Internet prices can be found on STC or mobily website.

All the best.

Thanks for your reply Fuhraaz_99,

I am looking for specific information on -

1) Compound where I can find Indian Community , this will help family to settle with ease in foreign land

2) Indian School - Quality of  Indian School, which one is the best.

Pls suggest

Thanks in advance