Saudi Car Selling at Bahrain

I have a prespective buyer for my saudi Car from Bahrain. What are the administrative/traffic/customs/insurance regulatory requirements to sell him the car. I can drive the car across the causeway and hand it over to him.

Also if I sell him as it is,  can he drive the car in Bahrain with KSA number plates, if yes, how does the inspection and insurance works in that case.

As of now, I just know that the vehicle should not be more than 5 years old. And mine is 2016 Model.

Thanks guys !!

prespective = prospective

does the buyer have an iqama or Saudi ID card? If not, I don't think this is possible.

Maybe it is possible for Bahrainis to buy it... not sure why they would though as the istimara renewal can only be done in Saudi (although you wouldn't need to do that until it's three years old).

suburbansam wrote:

prespective = prospective

does the buyer have an iqama or Saudi ID card? If not, I don't think this is possible.

Thanks for the reply.

Oops - guess a typo !!

The buyer has a valid Bahraini permit (CPR) and is not a Baharini !! So is it possible 🤔🤔

If they are not a GCC national, how will they go to Saudi to register the car? They need to be able to go there. If they have a multi-entry visa then it may be possible. Without access to Saudi, I don't think it's possible.