Invitation letter, from whom?

Hi all,
I am a romanian married with a turkish citizen and we both are currently working in India. We plan to make a trip to Romania for Christmas and an invitation for him is required. I live abroad for many years and I dont know how to proceed. Some years ago, while we were working in Morocco and we weren't married yet, we had the same issue when wanting to travel to Romania and all the info was vague, he finally end up taking the schengen visa, for it was much easier. But now, as we have time just to visit Romania, he will not apply again for schengen, because not entering the country that issued the visa can cause problems for the next one. So I am wondering, why does he need an invitation for a tourist visa, while married to a romanian citizen? And how can I make this invitation for him when I live abroad aswell? Also I read on the imigration site that it can take 60 days to process the invitation, also the visa application is recommended to be done 2 moth before, so we are practically out of time. This is really confusing, only to be able to visit my home country with my husband, I should plan my trip 1 year before? What if something happens and I would have to get there urgently, he will not be able to accompany me? I find this absurd. Sorry for this long post, If somebody has any suggestion, please let me know

Well if you are visiting for Christmas, presumably you are visiting family here?  If this is so, then perhaps a trusted relative here in Romania could make the invitation, if they are willing.

Actually he doesn't need a invitation for a tourist visa, but rather a visit visa, which is what I think you meant ;) I understand the frustration, but this is the Romanian immigration law.  Being married to a Romanian citizen doesn't excuse one from obtaining a visa to enter, depending on the citizenship of the spouse.  Unfortunately, you'll have to plan in advance a few months in order for him to come in Romania.

Note that the law says they have 60 days, it may not take that long.  It could go faster...

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Unfortunately they do ask the invitation letter for tourist visa, not for all countries but for turkish citizens they do. I would not prefer to involve my family as it is already frustrating enough for us. Also I know how the romanian bureaucracy can be...
Our jobs don't allow us to plan the vacantion in advance, but I think we'll do as we did the last years. Apply for Schengen tourist visa.
But I find it a little ridiculous to have difficulties in obtaining a romanian visa but not a Schengen one

Hello. Many of Filipina are not able to be legally separated due to the unaffordable expenses of annulment. However, we don't want to lose hope to find that that right guy even if he is from other country. About my case, I am a married woman in philippines but got separated with my filipino husband however we don't have legal papers for separation because of the of unaffordable expenses of annulment in Philippines. Moreover, I meet this new relationship online  my romanian boyfriend, we are almost in a year of dating now online  and he wants to invite me over in romania. Is there a chance for me that the romanian embassy will release me a short stay visit visa? Will they look for legal proofs that I got separated? or can I stay together with my romanian boyfriend in romania  if Im married in philippines? Or what you can advice for us of what we have to do to make it possible  for us to live in together in romania. I'm still in Philippines but I don't know what visa to apply to. Please help. Your response will be a great help for us and we will deeply appreciated it.Thank you so much.