Marriage advice

hahaha.................I just went there for a 2-week holiday on a tour in June-2010.......and I met lots of very good, nice, professional women....like I said, they were not all poor girls from the barrios up in the hills looking for a ticket to ride (to Miami/Los Angeles).......sounds like you are saying all Colombian women are no good and just a bunch of 2-faced gold-diggers with hidden agendas.....there are lots of them in America/Canada as well....they make all the divorce lawyers in America/Canada rich.....hahaha....besides, you don't have to marry them if you don't want to and if you don't trust them

it was a private party put on by the tour group for professional singles and all the women there were great.....and I had no problem whatsoever communicating with them and making them laugh & have fun ...once again, not all Colombian women are bad girls ....hate to tell you this, but there are lots of good Colombian women out there who don't even care about how much money the man has who are just looking to meet a good man ...

and that applies to every country in the world, basically

I made lots of good friends in Colombia too......the only people I met there who I did not trust at all were fast-talking, slick Americans trying to see you real estate & condominiums

it was a travel tour group party, pal, and all the women were professionals, not hookers as you imply

just for your information, most of the Americans that I met there in Medellin-Colombia were really sleazy & whore-mongers

topperZZ99 wrote:

just for your information, most of the Americans that I met there in Medellin-Colombia were really sleazy & whore-mongers

From what you've written I'm a little unsure as to how you distinguish yourself from them.

not so, buddy.......like i said, i just went there on a tour group and all the women I met there were good honest hard-working professional women...doctors, dentists, engineers, lawyers, fashion designers

you seem to have a very low opinion of Colombian women, buddy....so why did you marry a Colombian woman ? and why do you even want to move to Colombia and live there ? maybe, you would be happier living in the US of A,  or maybe Ecuador, or maybe Mexico

I met an American Hispanic guy there from San Antonio, Texas....he was an airline pilot...young, handsome, had a good job & lots of money, he even spoke perfectly fluent Spanish...he went out with 3 different Colombian girls...and he flamed out with all 3 of them.....he was way too serious and had no personality....the girls thought he was creepy apparently and no fun at all.....girls just wanna have fun....hahaha

you're wrong about Colombian women.....they really don't care about whether or not you have money or not....if they don't like you, it doesn't matter if you have tons of money......it's all about your personality and making them have fun, relax, and enjoy your/their life...that's the bottom-line....i saw guys there with money who could not get a date with a really respectable professional woman if their life depended on it

it's all about your personality....and making them laugh & have lots of fun ....trust me

you don't even have to speak the language...if they like you....trust me on that one too ...I speak the international language.....lol...and I'm just an average guy with next to no money

You went on a tour? Are you talking about AFA or something similar?

Private party for profesionals ja ja..rich.

Ir you are talking about AFA or something similar, I can guarrantee you 100%  those "professionals" are hookers or equivelant.

In Colombia just because a woman went to University doesnt mean she is not into "pay for play".

Au contrair.. a high percentage of Colombian women engage in sexual favours or part time prostitution to meet thier financial needs to get though University.

And none of them   consider themselves prostitutes, allthiugh basically they are , in one form.or another

"Internatilnal language of love"

Ja ja ja Deja Vu.. . how Manuy times I have heard that from your type..

Heelarious..

DO NOT GET MARRIED WITHOUT A PRENUPTIAL.....NO MATTER WHAT SHE SAYS........THE ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU IF YOU DO........THE ONLY WAY OUT IS TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY OR GIVE UP 50% NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Please don't type in capital letters. It makes you look even more ignorant.

Agro Sur

Just dont invest anything in the country..thats all there is too it. And dont marry, dont go to the Notaria and sign a document saying you are in a Union Libre..

Pretty simple

Ok, then, why do anything more than just come for a visit, do some exploring, fool around a bit, drink some beers and some overpriced rum, and go home to where youre already grandfathered into the system...? Ive invested in Costa Rica and made some money, more than was ripped off, which was considerable.......thanx to my property investment.....Same thing in Panama........actually did much better there than in Costa Rica........Why not replicate it here in Colombia? Buy good and low, and hatch it over a period of time........and leave laughing..........

Exactly. 20 different Notarias will give you 20 different requirements.  I'm from the USA and it was a nightmare...

Making a Point!!!!!!!!!!

I married a 38 yo from Cali.  Three weeks later I returned her to her parents and in another week I divorced.  I married within the congregation and divorced as well within.  NO CIVIL GOVERNMENT LICENSE is the trick.

You go thru all that just to get laid? Theres more cost efficient ways to go about that......

I totally  agree a prenuptial agreement should be in order   with any American man or woman  marrying  someone from another country .  Colombia has a high rate of women especially  only seeking green cards .  In my case  a marriage  in Barranquilla  Colombia   as she plotted  her exit  which started  before  I brought her here . Their most common  tactics are calling police for no apparent reason , using a religion  as an escape ,  the best one is , well your just jealous . She will always  agree with someone else rather than with you .  As funny as it sounds  the jehovah witness   is filled with Latin women  that will discuss  with your wife  on leaving her American husband  if he isnt the same religion or if they simply do not like him   .   The worst part is you will not see this coming untill  she enters the United states or I'm sure any other country . Just a little story  of my experience in which there is much more  , hopefully it helps  someone.  If you divorce her before 2 years of her residence  , he or she will lose the green card , so I allowed her to stay  .

Sorry to tell you but you signed that affidavit of support, that is a lifetime contract with the Federal Government. She owns you, no matter the marital status. 135 percent of the minimum poverty level where ever she lives, medical and you get to pay for her lawyer. A green card does not relieve you of the financial responsibility. I have a wife in Colombia, I keep her there.

The problem is that once you sign the affidavit and it is approved with the US Embassy, you are now on the hook for a lifetime contract with the Federal Government.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Unnecessary
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

This site should in my opinion be for those whom  want to marry a Colombian or foreign woman or man and need advice or to hear circumstance

You seem to be misinformed

https://www.justia.com/immigration/marr … vorce/Form I-134 states that divorce isn't suitable grounds for terminating support.$16,987.50 in 2022 ($1,415.67/mo)Oh man. Why would anyone ever agree to this?!a federal appeals court ruled in 2016 that a real estate agent needed to continue supporting his ex-wife, even though her adult son could support her adequately to prevent her from seeking government benefits. The court found that the I-864 required the real estate agent to support the wife because she had no income of her own. $16987 x 50 = $850,000 in 2022 dollars for 50 years after she leaves you. Crap.

@Throwaway-202211 Who is paying that support?