Online shopping in England

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in England? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in England?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I'm impressed by the speedy delivery I've received since living in UK.   
On most occasion it's been delivered within 24-48 hours max. 
Nothing like the 7 days to even Weeks I experienced in both USA & OZ.

i use ebay, and i like it very much, if u like or dislike ur product, u can always complain after, and it is safe

I use Amazon Prime for practically everything; you get speedier delivery (sometimes within hours); access to Amazon video with lots of free stuff; plus the biggest attraction for me is access to tens of thousands of free e-books; that in itself more than offsets my monthly subscription, I used to spend a fortune on books.

Hi Priscilla,

I'm currently the process of researching for launching and Online Shopping Business and it'll be named
“ShopDom”

I shop on eBay and Amazon.co.uk.

Great thing about Amazon is that they are really customer focused. Many items are offered with free delivery within the UK, and shipping is fairly quick. It you are unsatisfied with your purchase you can easily return it for a refund.

With eBay, less professional and very customer oriented. In other words it is quite easy for buyers to get freebies or discount simply by pretending they did not receive their order or they are not happy with it or they want their money back etc. In many cases the sellers scared of getting a negative feedback will just let the buyer keep the goods and also refund them. So eBay seems more prone to scams. Again delivery can be very fast if the seller is also located in the UK.

On eBay anything you buy from China or India is generally cheaper than you'd find in the street.

As with all major online selling platforms, buyers are able to purchase goods that are not available in their own country. EBay and Amazon are both global selling platforms, so you can buy almost anything from anywhere in the world.